View Single Post
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Hong Kong
Hi All,

Count me in as well! I've been using my N900 as my sole main phone since I got it in early 2010, and I've been loving it ever since.

Although the hardware is old compared to what's out there now, for me there just doesn't seem to be any other mobile OS that comes close to Maemo's combination of flexibility, openness, customisation, and capability. It really is more like a pocket computer rather than just a smartphone. And the true multitasking implementation has yet to be matched.

Apart from Maemo I also really love the hardware keyboard (such a rarity these days) and perhaps most of all, I really love this awesome community! It's a key reason why I stick with my N900. If the support from everyone on Maemo.org died I would probably have moved on.

The fancy hardware of new phones does tempt me, but having used iOS (iPhones and iPad in family) and Android (4.0 on my Sony Walkman Z) I have to say I'm pretty underwhelmed, particularly with Android which I find messy, sluggish and boring. I'm keeping an eye on the developments of Jolla, Tizen, Ubuntu and Firefox, but doubt I will be changing for a good while.

I'm now looking forward to 'upgrading' my N900 by reflashing and installing CSSU-Thumb as well as some other new apps I've been waiting to try. Here's to another few years!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jerex For This Useful Post: