Active Topics

Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Prove it. Show me where they promised A2DP. Journalists who can't tell their *** from their elbow don't count.
*sigh* you know, I considered altering that to read "We were promised" so I did not specifically name Nokia... because through you are right, Nokia did NOT promise us A2DP in ANY of their releases, they did apparently inform several journalism groups (including Engadget) they would be--and I quote--"A2DP stereo bluetooth is in the process of being added to the N810's OS2008" Now I know that this is all down to semantics and you are right, we have no one to sue.

Your statement "Journalists who can't tell their *** from their elbow" is somewhat off mark... you see most of these journalists you are so vehemiently against actually know what they are doing... after all, they graduated from college and moved out of their mummies basements. Perhaps you are confusing the turds that are more interested in covering Brittany spears crotch shot than in reporting on things we actually care about... that is... unless you don't like them exclusively because they DON'T cover the latest in the life of the walking STD, Paris Hilton...

But this is not the issue here is it?

You know full well, that A2DP is a planned "feature" meaning that Nokia hopes to eventually implement it into the system.

I think you are just spraying your testijuice all over the forum for another reason... were you just not breast fed as a child? Did your uncle molest you? Were you raised by cave trolls? The world may never care.

Last edited by IcoNyx; 2008-07-27 at 23:21.

Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
Originally Posted by IcoNyx View Post
I'm a self proclaimed professional Troll. I argue to direct.
If you want to be treated like a troll I'm sure Reggie would be happy to ban you. A troll is destructive, a community member is one who gives back constructive criticism and energy.

There are people in the community that are working to correct the problem ( lardman and others ). Nokia will not hear you unless you speak to them. You want to rant you can try through the current bug report or a product lawsuit, but don't expect a warm response from your vitriol.

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=667

The Following User Says Thank You to brontide For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cyberbillp View Post
http://blogs.zdnet.com/mobile-gadgeteer/?p=649
http://www.letsgomobile.org/en/cellular/1589/nokian810/
http://www.waleg.com/techgadgets/archives/009662.html

And on and on and on. Google is your friend.

Nokia announced it, these websites reported it. I could hunt up the original Nokia press release if I tried hard enough.
http://www.compuplus.com/i-Nokia-N81...-1011068~.html
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-9798987-1.html
http://www.dailywireless.org/2007/10/17/nokia-n810/

Hey where's my fm transmitter?

Originally Posted by brontide View Post
If you want to be treated like a troll I'm sure Reggie would be happy to ban you. A troll is destructive, a community member is one who gives back constructive criticism and energy.

There are people in the community that are working to correct the problem ( lardman and others ). Nokia will not hear you unless you speak to them. You want to rant you can try through the current bug report or a product lawsuit, but don't expect a warm response from your vitriol.

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=667
THIS IS CONSTRUCTIVE!!!

thank you!

I Agree, Trolls are bad in general. Sorry for being a douche bag.

The Following User Says Thank You to IcoNyx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
THIS IS CONSTRUCTIVE!!!

thank you!

I Agree, Trolls are bad in general. Sorry for being a douche bag.
i completely agree to what iconyx is saying.... although i dont like his language. Yes GA really helps a lot of the newbies.... but i am sure many members including me think that he is a little too arrogant. I agree with the amount of knowledge and time he spends on the board any person is bound to get a little arrogant...... but not being arrogant with such extensive knowledge is a wonderful attribute and i hope GA tries to show that.

Coming to A2dp. Yeah nokia never advertised A2dp but when even the most basic s40 has a2dp anyone would expect it to be there in the tablets which are wonderful peices of hardware. Infact i used a2dp with kaju which was very straight forward on os2007. And i could manage it without much skipping. i could even stream internet radio.. But with os2008 it took almost 6 months to get a2dp working that too with the increased cpu, bluez stack etc. What the heck? If nokia is thinking a2dp is not a priority ....i completely disagree. Look at the sd card sizes.... Now a days we can carry our entire music and video in the tablets and being able to use a2dp is a great great feature.

SO nokia.... we dont want eye candy, we dont want 3d graphics, we dont want tv out..... but one thing which every one wants first thing which is very very useful is a2dp. Please

Yes , I guess most like myself are dissapointed in Nokia leaving out proper A2DP support out of the box on the OS2008.

What's the point of a multimedia device not supporting the full range of features that other devices already have ?
(this is where opensource and Linux has been a letdown for consumer prods - the same went for the linux based Zaurus - where the community had to strive to get basic things working).

I had A2DP it working pre-diablo along with Canola, but after flashing to Diablo I didnt bother to get it up and working again when my phone (N95) supports it so easilly and all I had to do was copy over my music collection to my phone SD.

I would have loved to have listened to my stereo music over the N810 with A2DP and used Canola instead of using the phone, but why bother when its such a hassle.

Nonetheless - kudos and thanks to Lardman and all the pthers (Johnx) who have worked to make it easier and workable at least.

Yes , I guess most like myself are dissapointed in Nokia leaving out proper A2DP support out of the box on the OS2008.

What's the point of a multimedia device not supporting the full range of features that other devices already have ?
I guess the problem is probably that a2dp could be added in and used out of the box (using Bluez-utils, or the DSP task), but.... Afaik, mixing is carried out in the DSP, and unfortunately there's no way of sharing data on the DSP, or returning it to the ARM (atm the mp3 decoders include a sink, as does the pcm-sink).

Without a way of seperating out the decoding/encoding/sink operations, there's not much hope of being able to re-direct system sounds as well as everything else, using the low-power DSP tasks.

It is not hard to get a2dp working in the short-term, but my feeling is that Nokia won't support it out of the box until there's a way of chaining DSP tasks (OpenMAX, which is where they are heading) to ensure that all audio output can be sent to the headset, and that decoding/encoding can be done in a power-optimal fashion (i.e. using the DSP).

The Following User Says Thank You to lardman For This Useful Post:
Anyone else wishing Darius2006 would show up?

Anyway, one point of slight confusion above is that Nokia added a DSP to handle audio processing which could be done on-die. The DSP is in fact on-die, and part of the SoC; it comes with the CPU whether you use it or not, so if any gains can be realized by shifting stuff to it, that costs only the software development. Not free, but it doesn't take as much gain to justify it as if it was a separate DSP added in.

Also, I believe the DSP was used on the 770 for video decoding, which is now done in the ARM; that's a rather more powerful justification. So it's not clear (to me) at what point they started planning to add A2DP, but the use of an OMAP with DSP on-chip doesn't actually imply anything about it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
I was hoping to get some answers before i buy a bluetooth stereo headset but i am more confused reading this whole thread which is not recommended for newbies, will try somewhere else in the other threads.

T3 - IT 810
Confidence is hard to gain easy to loose impossible to regain, Pee

Last edited by Un27Pee; 2008-09-06 at 20:17.

As for your previous comment about 3D support... sorry dude, the graphics processor for the internet tablets just aren't powerful enough for this... YES 3D is *technically* possible on the tablets... but trust me, 3D would be terribly slow and hindering. it's not worth it, don't try.

No this is not because of drivers. it just is not possible. and as for that *technically* part... it COULD be done on die (meaning on the central processor) but doing this would rob the OS of processor power slowing everything else down. if you want an example of this, install the game wesnoth and try loading into the tutorial... that will give you an idea what I am talking about and that isn't even 3D.

Dude, just let it go. nothing you say here will change things the way you want. you need to hit up the Nokia forums here: http://discussions.nokiausa.com/discussions/ I make no promises, but that will at least be read by Nokia employees.

Thanks but...... there is a full "Power VR" 3D accellerator built right into the CPU in every NIT. There's just no drivers for it. Hence my desire for drivers. I've written the CPU makers (TI) asking for drivers and was refered the the "manufacturer of my device" (nokia).

I'm fully aware that the LCD interface really won't handle the bandwidth of more than 400x240x16, but that's plenty good for 3D games.

Here's the chip design page:

http://focus.ti.com/general/docs/wtb...emplateId=6123

Note the support for OpenGL ES. And if you want to see 3D on the NIT, just load up quake. It runs like a dream (software only though). Much like the unrealized A2DP support, 3D support is just laying there as un-utilized potential.

Sorry I didn't add anything constructive to the A2DP issue.