Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
HI there.

I would like to thank you cpscotti for this wonderful app. I use it every day for getting ussd queries and love it

Just reporting a small glitch (don't know if it has been already reported since there is no bugtracker) : The previous command selection is always selected when editing a command

Steps

- Add a new widget
- Edit the widget
- Select an other command selection that the default one, ie "Uptime"
- Click on "Edit Cmd"
- Click on "Save"

Result

The command is saved but the command selection is reset to "Uptime" instead of keeping the last one.

I can reproduce this bug everytime.

Cheers!

Hi all,

is there a way i can execute a pythin script from this widget?

normally what i do from terminal is type "/home/user/opt/script.py start". and it works.

But when i put that in the widget. says invalid command.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Stockholm
Try "python /home/user/opt/script.py start" or "python2.5 /home/user/opt/script.py start".

Originally Posted by calvin_42 View Post
HI there.

I would like to thank you cpscotti for this wonderful app. I use it every day for getting ussd queries and love it

Just reporting a small glitch (don't know if it has been already reported since there is no bugtracker) : The previous command selection is always selected when editing a command

Steps

- Add a new widget
- Edit the widget
- Select an other command selection that the default one, ie "Uptime"
- Click on "Edit Cmd"
- Click on "Save"

Result

The command is saved but the command selection is reset to "Uptime" instead of keeping the last one.

I can reproduce this bug everytime.

Cheers!
@cpscotti:

Code:
void EditCommand(......)
{
	self->priv->c_titles[index] = s_title;
	self->priv->c_commands[index] = s_command;
//vvvv BUG try to fix bug when NULL selector when back from command edit
	g_free(self->priv->instanceTitle);
	g_free(self->priv->instanceCmd);
	self->priv->instanceTitle = g_strdup(s_title);
	self->priv->instanceCmd = g_strdup(s_command);
//^^^^ BUG try to fix bug when NULL selector when back from command edit
}
This seems to be working for me...

Bye.

Originally Posted by Palleman View Post
NBC: I don't know how awk actually does the technical task of reading the file from disk, but are you sure it is more efficient than calling cat? Might be, might not.
It's awk's job to read file even if it's able to read from stdin (standard input).

There's even an acronym in unix world for this kind of cat use, UUOC and a wikipedia section : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_%28...ess_use_of_cat

It's definitely more efficient : your shell just needs to fork one external program instead of two. Ok, with a one liner it's not a big win but it's a win

While waiting for you to dig into that, I give you that your code is prettier than mine.
I enjoy pretty code !

Originally Posted by liedekef View Post
But this might give troubles. I believe all the scripts you've on your desktop are activated once when you reboot your N900. This might result in some undesirable behaviour: your network gets disconnected ...
Shouldn't it be possible to process the output of uptime through awk and create a conditional script that runs when the widget is clicked, but not at startup?

knowing nothing about coding, could someone explain to me how to add stuff to this app please?

Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
just install it via app-manager then add the widget to any of your desktops.

when you go into desktop config mode again (where you can add shortcuts and widgets) you can click on a wrench-symbol on the widget to get into the settings.

there you can choose one of the pre-defined commands or add a command of your own.

ok cool thanks

is there a way to add memory and cpu usage to this thing?

ive currently got another app showing cpu and memory usabe but it would be good to have it all showing by this app?