Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Florianopolis- BR (Currently in Dresden - DE)
Folks,

I am sorry for not answering for so long but I was moving from Germany to Brazil so I had no time, thanks for the feedback I will start working on the GeoToDo again

cheers

Any chances of it being ported to OS2008?

This may be lame, but is there a way to add functionality so it can be used as a shopping list?
So basically you can create a inventory list, check the items you need when you run out or need to get, and you can use the list over and over.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Stockholm
Originally Posted by bazz View Post
This may be lame, but is there a way to add functionality so it can be used as a shopping list?
So basically you can create a inventory list, check the items you need when you run out or need to get, and you can use the list over and over.
That's exactly how I use RTM (prio 1 on needed stuff, and a smart list only showing prio 1 items), and the geo-functionality would be a great addition. I.e. when I'm getting close to a liquor store, my phone should beep and say "Hey, buy some whisky!".

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Flare: I saw this app in -devel a while ago, and meant to look into it, but never did much. I'll try it out now, though, and look through your presentation as well, as this app sounds like what I've been wanting for a while. My first impression also was that the UI was a bit cluttered, but I'll hold off on criticisms or suggestions until I play with it a bit more.
Thanks for doing this.

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
Installed the app but didn't test it deeply yet. I guess there should be the possibility to define places using a map, right? I just didn't get it to work. There is a white map and tipping somewhere enters coordinates in the fields above. Don't know what to do with it or how to save.

Just another idea and I really don't know whether it is possible at all: how about inverting the intention of geo-located items? For now, it is supposed to bring up some kind of reminder when I'm near a point for which an item is set up.
What about being at some place and seeing a list with points nearby I also have to go to and do some things? For travelling this list could probably be handed over to some navigational application which calculates and directs the optimal route. The single points could have some sort of weight so more important items are getting done first.

Just some thoughts.