Active Topics

Originally Posted by qole View Post
avidscavenger: I've built-in a test to check for "/dev/mapper" in the next version. Thanks for your help.
Thanks - your fix has worked perfectly for my until now. But now I've wanted to improve my scripts to be able to un/mount my encrypted partition even if chroot is mounted (ie by also doing un/mounting the bind mount to $CHROOT/media/xxx). But if I now run closechroot after unmounting the encrypted partition, there is nothing in /dev/mapper/... so your fix doesn't detect the problem and once again the phone crashes.

I can't say I understand why the '-m' option go g/fuser would ever be necessary but if you've done it there must a good reason. Just that for me the -m option causes nothing but grief.

So can I suggest a brute-force workaround mechanism where the user can specify in ~/.chroot whether fuser/gfuser with or without '-m' should be used. Happy to do it myself if you don't have the time.

I've been trying to follow the thread and reproducing what you did ArchiMark to run thinkingrock. When I run sh tr, it responds with "Cannot find java. Please use the --jdkhome switch." However, I have installed icedtea6 already. Can you let me know the circumstances under which you have thinkingrock running? I have tried this under Easy Debian terminal as your screenshot of the overview page indicates that it was done under LXDE (hence this thread). Thanks!

Originally Posted by ArchiMark View Post
Thanks, qole!

Well, decided to take a look at the install instructions for linux and just executed the script in terminal:

Code:
sh tr
and Voila! TR opened!

Very cool to see this app running on this lil' bad boy....

I think that's the free version....version 2.2.1....while version 3.0.3 is the paid version....which is what I'm using on my Mac and PC.....

If only we could use a USB Flash drive, I could easily move the data file between my 3 devices.....

Here's a few photos for you....

Xealots question
I have no experience of TR but make sure that it is pointing to the right place.

For example try to find the tr.conf file and change the line:

jdkhome="/path/to/jdk"

to the correct path for your OpenJDK

or as the error message suggested you could probably do something like

sh tr --jdkhome="/path/to/jdk"

My question

I've ordered an 8Gb microsd card to use purely for easy debian. I'm looking to increase the image size so that I can install some packages that I had some trouble with in the past. I found somebody else looking to do the same with instructions from matan but rebhana linked to qole suggesting not to go down this path.

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1173

unfortunately rebhana's link is now broken so I looked for some advice on qole's site about the image size

http://qole.blogspot.com/2009/03/eas...50583668441770

I wish I understood how to do this. so do I partition the sd card and then untar the image into it? then install easy debian and make it point to that image?

Last edited by Cue; 2010-11-18 at 17:06.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:
I have a strange error which never before occured. While trying to install I get something like this and the installer is closing:
Code:
Unable to install  Debian 5/6 image with working audio (Main Seerver) Unknown izma error
Edit:
Unpacking the file on Ubuntu and transfering it back to N900 solved the problem.

Last edited by fw190; 2010-11-21 at 08:48.

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
I've ordered an 8Gb microsd card to use purely for easy debian. I'm looking to increase the image size so that I can install some packages that I had some trouble with in the past. I found somebody else looking to do the same with instructions from matan but rebhana linked to qole suggesting not to go down this path.

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1173

unfortunately rebhana's link is now broken so I looked for some advice on qole's site about the image size

http://qole.blogspot.com/2009/03/eas...50583668441770

I wish I understood how to do this. so do I partition the sd card and then untar the image into it? then install easy debian and make it point to that image?
I've corrected the link in my posting - thanks! The point was that you can't increase the image size on a FAT partition, so you should make an ext2 or ext3 partition on an sd card, but in order to make Maemo happy, it's advisable to also create a small FAT partition. Once you have an extra big ext2 partition, you can simple move the contents of your debian image into it. Tar and untar should be a safe method, but I'd assume that "cp -a" works as well. But I still don't have an sd card, so I cannot say for sure. I've also read that the ext2 partition should be mounted with
Code:
mount -t ext2 -o noatime,nodiratime ...
in order to reduce the wear out of the sd card.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rebhana For This Useful Post:
Please forgive me if this is a dumb question or has been talked about elsewhere but... has anyone researched what would be involved making kinetic scroll work with easy-debian? At a conceptual level it seems that what would be required is detecting a finger 'swipe' and sending a corresponding mouse scroll event to the active window. Does anyone have any idea how hard that would be to implement?

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Bristol, UK
I has a slightly annoying message every time before x-term start. It's just started happening after I ran debian chroot terminal. It's the same message as it appear before debian chroot terminal.

Are there anyone used to have that problem? Do you know how to fix it? Uninstall easy debian does not help.

Many thanks in advance.

need help with my keyboard issues... my function keys (blue arrow) and key up, down, left and right did'nt work... how do i remapped them back??? thanks

I think I've somehow broken my easy debian setup

I noticed I couldn't get LXDE to start. It would simply show the zenity dialog for kb focus and remain blank with an x cursor.
trying to launch any other app gave me an error:
eg

$ debbie pcmanfm

pcmanfm: error while loading shared libraries: libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I'm guessing a recent package that I installed has broken something
any ideas or should I just delete my image and start again?

I was fooling around with m4 macros and latex and noticed a strange string added when I pipe output from debbie to a file. The string is: ^[]0;osso_xterm^g. Where is it coming from and can I prevent it?

Just try: "debbie ls > files" and use vim to view the output. It does not show up in vi or when you do 'cat files' but latex is complaining about it. Can I get rid of it somehow?

Tags
beta, debian, easy debian, extras-devel, fremantle, i <3 qole, squeeze