Active Topics

Posts: 238 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on May 2006 @ New Mexico, USA
I'm really getting tired of this thread...

Darius, the IT770 was never an N770 and never will be. Just because the 800 and 810 are deemed an "N" series model doesn't make the IT770 one. Get a grip and stop "fouling" yourself.

And Yerga, keep the "virus" talk confined to Windoze.

Regards,

Omega

Posts: 487 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ London, UK
You must be kidding me! Im sure we have better issues than " the 770 should be included in the Nseries..." to take care of no ?
Just my 2 cent (-pennies-more likely)

Applications I've made:
- Vuvuzela
- LTM: London Tube Map

Originally Posted by omegaone37 View Post
I'm really getting tired of this thread...

Darius, the IT770 was never an N770 and never will be. Just because the 800 and 810 are deemed an "N" series model doesn't make the IT770 one. Get a grip and stop "fouling" yourself.

Regards,

Omega
Are you speaking for Nokia ?
"was never" "never will be" "doesn't make"

So what makes M-Series ?
Official definition by Nokia requested.

What makes N-Series product ?
OS, processor, applications , camera , memory ..., code name ?
So what ?
N770 is an excellent product.
Navigation works ok + BT GPS (of your selection)
Web browser is ok.
\Wifi is ok
Bluetooth is ok
2GB external memory is ok.
$100 price at ebay is ok

No more supported by Nokia , no problem, I don't need more applications.
N770 not supported by the end of 2007.
N800 not supported by the end of 2008.
N810 not suppoeted by the end of 2009
as new models come.

In 2008 I expect to buy N810 at a price of N800.
No support no price.

At a price of new N810 I can still buy 4 (four) new N770s.
It's a bargain business.

Darius

Still awaiting official definition of N-Series products.
N-Series products are those Nokia products that Nokia says are part of the N-Series line. No more, no less.
Gah.

Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain
Originally Posted by omegaone37 View Post
I was only kidding. Don't have you read the "virus thread" by Darius?

Maybe the maemo.org servers run Windows

Originally Posted by convulted View Post
N-Series products are those Nokia products that Nokia says are part of the N-Series line. No more, no less.
Gah.
Thanks.
Frankly speaking N Series terminology originated by IBM not Nokia
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redpapers/pdfs/redp4084.pdf

From Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_Nseries

Nokia Nseries
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Nokia Nseries is a product family consisting of multimedia computers. These are convergence mobile devices supporting digital multimedia services such as music playback, video capture, photograhy, mobile gaming and Internet services. All Nseries devices support high-speed wireless technologies such as 3G, HSDPA, or Wireless LAN.

So does camera in N800, N810 make them N-Series ?

Features

The Nokia Nseries is aimed at users looking to pack as many features as possible into one device. The better-than-average cameras often found on Nseries devices are one such example, as are the video and music playback and photo viewing capabilities of these devices, which resemble those of standalone portable media devices

Ok.
No camera in N770, so call it N770 N-Series product without camera.
N800, N810 are everything but phones, so call them N-Series with camera but no phone.

http://blogs.s60.com/tommi/2007/06/n..._love_mac.html
Finally, what makes N-Series product is special support provided:

This is one thing I absolutely hate in Nokia!! Why only support N-series?! Because they are Multimedia Computers?! Product differentiation?!

Don't Nokia realise that some business users use N-Series and some Personal users use E-Series, lets face it most of us can't be bothered to carry two handset.

It's a shame that E-series users are being excluded from using this application. Nokia, what's wrong with you...?

1 - Again why do Nokia suppose that only N-series phones can be used for music and photos..

N Series users are excluded from Blackberry Connect.

I agree with Robert. Nseries users are excluded from alot of apps that are only available for Eseries.

I think it's logical that it only supports N-series phones right now since they are the most media heavy phones with loads of photos and music to transfer back and forth.

Anyway, as Elisa said, it's logical that Nokia Media Transfer (at least initially) only supports N-series devices.

So is it ok to use wifi camera with my N770 and call it N-Series product ?
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DN

Darius

Frankly speaking N Series terminology originated by IBM not Nokia
Hahaha. No, seriously. LOL.

Posts: 71 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Canada
The purpose of your questions seem nonconstructive and unclear. You can do a lot of things with the 770. But it doesn't have the N-series brand and Nokia chose to support it in a different way than you want. A lot of people want a version of the N8xx that's more focused on business but so far they're also out of luck. You're making unreasonable requests here

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
OoOOOh. A hornet nest. *jumps in*

Darius,

IBM invented the 'N-Series? Was 'Apple' invented by Issac newton? I don't get it. Are you sitting back thinking it's fun to throw BS arguments up because people will respond? It's a message board. People are supposed to. Welcome to the internet, thanks for playing.

1.) The 770 isn't an N770 because it's not part of the 'N-Series' because Nokia never said it was, and in Nokia's probable opinion, your opinion doesn't count.

2.) Convulted said 'As far as I know'. You're not right. He is. That was as far as he knew. You wanna argue semantics? I'm your guy. I'm getting paid to sit at work right now and have all the time in the world.

3.) You're a senior member too. Welcome to the club.

Wise up, eesh.