Active Topics

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Seattle, WA
Hey, I'm not trying to troll here. I love my N900. Unfortunately the usb connector seems to be rather weak, as it recently broke off. No, I did not abuse it.

Anyway, I was trying to goto nokiausa's website to see about warranty, and nothing on their site seems to be working. Anyone know how to get the warranty in?

You might want to look at this thread

The Following User Says Thank You to bousch For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bousch View Post
You might want to look at this thread
Ok, I'm at page 23 and still haven't found anything. This thread is 153 pages long. Can you please point to the post that explains how to initiate an RMA?

Originally Posted by natmaster View Post
Ok, I'm at page 23 and still haven't found anything. This thread is 153 pages long. Can you please point to the post that explains how to initiate an RMA?
That post is the long-running "the USB connector isn't designed for humans to use, it is meant only for supernatural beings who can insert/remove the cable with 0 force using only mind control" debate.

Once you do rip the connector off, you call Nokia Service:

http://www.nokiausa.com/get-support-...ir-and-recycle

Good luck, hope it works out OK.

The Following User Says Thank You to schettj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Well mine is still doing pretty good. No lose no nothing just usual. I guess I am a supernatural being.

mine broke a couple of months ago. i've learned to live with it. bought an external charger and 2 extra batteries, used a 16gb microsd and bluetooth as PC>n900 transfer media... i didnt bother with the broken port..

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by altorn View Post
mine broke a couple of months ago. i've learned to live with it. bought an external charger and 2 extra batteries, used a 16gb microsd and bluetooth as PC>n900 transfer media... i didnt bother with the broken port..
SSH Buddy!! You don't need to take memory card out.

Originally Posted by schettj View Post
That post is the long-running "the USB connector isn't designed for humans to use, it is meant only for supernatural beings who can insert/remove the cable with 0 force using only mind control" debate.

Once you do rip the connector off, you call Nokia Service:

http://www.nokiausa.com/get-support-...ir-and-recycle

Good luck, hope it works out OK.
Thanks for the link. Unfortunately this is where I was at before...but nothing appears to work. Both 'warranty' and 'repair options' return blank pages.

Is the website just broken now, or am I doing something wrong? Or do they not really care about their website and I'm supposed to call some #?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I had a different problem (my phone would not charge or sync - not a broken connector).
Checked http://www.nokiausa.com/get-support-...epair-warranty and found out the unit was under warranty.
I then went to http://www.nokiausa.com/get-support-...repair-locator, plugged in the serial number and the ZIP code, hit "enter" and filled out the repair form (bottom of next page).
I mailed the unit to the Nokia repair center.
I received a note from Nokia stating my phone was beyond repair, and they sent me a brand new one.
Only problem: You MUST have a USA address (NOT A PO BOX).
In my case, US Address in Niagara Falls NY ( www.usaddressinc.com) helped out. They charged me USD 5.00, but I had to drive over there to pick it up.
Oh well, a cheap(er) tank full of gas at the Indian reservation (Smokin' Joe's) and a good meal at Apple Granny's in Lewiston made it all worth-while.

HTH!

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Yes you can send your damaged unit and the charger back to Nokia for repair because previously Nokia acknowledge of the issue. They diverted the accusation from the design fault of the usb socket itself to the design fault of the charger so as to prevent further litigation. But still, the charger is from Nokia, they're still responsible for repairing the damage.