Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
youre saying harmattan is not meego well what do you base that on?
By statements from qgil himself. They're actively seeking an exemption, and they wouldn't have to if Harmattan were MeeGo.

DEB instead of RPM?
This is one of them. There may be others but seeing as how I don't work for Nokia I can't exactly go exploring.

as far as i know there is not that much difference between harmattan and Meego they both is using same core linux libs. But if you can prove me wrong with facts I dont mind.
Hey, I'm just reiterating a known fact. Nokia themselves admit that Harmattan is not MeeGo and does not meet the compliance spec. They are asking for an exemption, and IMO they should not receive it.

Please be less angry over other people's opinions.

The Following User Says Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
There is NO gurantee for a Handset Device. He only said they wont release a slate or tablet.

So, everything between MeeGo IVI and a Desktop Computer is Possible. Don't forget...
A car from Nokia would be interesting... Probably would not get one though.

Originally Posted by OVK View Post
A car from Nokia would be interesting... Probably would not get one though.
A nokia car? Hell no! It would lag like **** and then crash. Then you'd have to close all the windows and then restart it.

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
A nokia car? Hell no! It would lag like **** and then crash. Then you'd have to close all the windows and then restart it.
This Thread is about Nokia's next MeeGo Device. Please keep all Windows Phone 7 related discussions in specific threads. Thanks!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by helmuth View Post
this thread is about nokia's next meego device. Please keep all windows phone 7 related discussions in specific threads. Thanks!

oh snap! :d

Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
This Thread is about Nokia's next MeeGo Device. Please keep all Windows Phone 7 related discussions in specific threads. Thanks!
This Thread is about Nokia's next MeeGo Device. Please keep all Windows CAR 7 related discussions in specific threads. Thanks!

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 321 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland (Turku)
I think Nokia should release their MeeGo device under the Vertu brand with very classy styling but reasonable price. That would gain a lot of attention in the media, and also create a wild combination of open source software with luxury brand.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
By statements from qgil himself. They're actively seeking an exemption, and they wouldn't have to if Harmattan were MeeGo.

This is one of them. There may be others but seeing as how I don't work for Nokia I can't exactly go exploring.

Hey, I'm just reiterating a known fact. Nokia themselves admit that Harmattan is not MeeGo and does not meet the compliance spec. They are asking for an exemption, and IMO they should not receive it.

Please be less angry over other people's opinions.
They said harmattan was not fully Meego 2010 yes but its 2011 and things has changed.

can you give me a NEW link where Nokia actually saying they still use DEB?

and all this about compliance spec what are they not following?

Link?

I am NOT saying youre wrong but I am intrested to know what is not compliance and why (there could be several reason they dont are.

one example is to new QtMobility in Harmattan....

If I remeber correct Meego 1.2 is using QTM 1.02 and my guess is harmattan will use 1.2 cause we already has that version in Maemo extras-devel.

this may be Nokias fault cause it was not released in time, but still its an important atleast on handset. So it could be a reason it should have exception to let them call it Meego.

As long as those new libraryversions is added to Meego 1.3.

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
They said harmattan was not fully Meego 2010 yes but its 2011 and things has changed.

can you give me a NEW link where Nokia actually saying they still use DEB?

and all this about compliance spec what are they not following?

Link?
Here you go: http://lists.maemo.org/pipermail/mae...ay/004793.html
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mece For This Useful Post:

Tags
imaginarium, imagination, meego orphans, nokia blows, trust nokia?omg