Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

is nitdroid.com is shut down??i cant even download a image and kernel...please help me..provide a image and kernel for me guys...thank you in advance...

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ France
Hi guys,

I am experiencing an annoying problem with my Nitdroid install (edit: last N12 version).
I get the following message "Root filesystem mmcblk0p5 NOT available! Guru Meditation #00000025.62017712" when I choose the Nitdroid entry in Multiboot WITH the external memory card plugged. If I unplug it, Nitdroid just start fine.

As you can imagine, I installed Nitdroid when the external memory was not present. I could just reinstall it with the memory card plugged but I was wondering maybe there is a smarter way to fix this problem.

My multiboot entry is like this:

ITEM_MODULES=ext3
ITEM_DEVICE=${EXT_CARD}p5
ITEM_FSTYPE=ext3
ITEM_FSOPTIONS=rw,noatime,errors=remount-ro
I replaced ${EXT_CARD}p5 with mmcblk0p5 but it doesn't change anything...which doesn't really surprise me since the error message indicates that the soft knows what to do but the resource is not usable ("NOT available", see above). Any idea on how to fix this ?

Thanks in advance for your help !
Vlad

Last edited by Vlad_on_the_road; 2012-01-22 at 13:32.

The Following User Says Thank You to Vlad_on_the_road For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Katowice, Poland
Now, with all this SOPA, PIPA and ACTA going around, sites that stop working suddenly are weird cases
Hope it's just maintenance.

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Kansas City
Originally Posted by ronald122789 View Post
is nitdroid.com is shut down??
Alexey tweeted yesterday that he's relocating servers, so it'll be down for a bit.

We'll have to wait patiently

hope it will come back ASAP

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Stockholm, SW
Originally Posted by GrimyHR View Post
do I need to quote your own signature?
flashing should always be the last solution and I have posted the most likely fix for this problem more than once, even on this thread so i don't see how you and other people being too lazy to find a simple, already posted and most likely solution makes ME a douche?
- Naw, no, neyt, nein..
That makes you no douche, it's saying "Don't listen to idiots who ..(etc.)" that does make you so. Intelligent discourse can be civil too, plus, ad hominem commenting in forums.. doesn't get it too far. We both are guilty of it..

As for my signature, you should smack it back to me - i was clearly ignorant about the case you presented. I was helped solve my various problems with the device by michaaa62, ammyt, Estel, etc. at various points of time (what exceptional patience they have with n00b-boobs like me) - i am no expert, and am learning. The process is expedited if i am corrected.. i actually learned from you. So thank you.

Anyway, i wrote quoting you because i felt you could point out the fact that flashing was not necessary - more elegantly. I was attempting to help, and you obviously helped better, and the next time, i can redirect another poor soul to the link you pointed to, rather than suggesting a reflash. Definitely this is how we'll all grow to learn more.. and it'll be much nicer without the condescension, just that.

I will totally understand if you still feel that saying "..don't listen to idiots who.." - we are, after-all digital acquaintances, and we can both be jerks if we wanted to, even if that's not who we really are.

..long post, i know.. still.
Cheers.

{edit: I just saw that this is far from the perimeter of this thread; my apologies. So i'll end by reading you reply, if any. Thanx!}

My devicevolution: Seimens C2, Nokia 6600, Nokia 3230 (red & then black), Nokia 6630 ME, Nokia N73, Nokia N900

Last edited by stryker9; 2012-01-23 at 05:32. Reason: ..adding a point.

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by GrimyHR View Post
here is the usual fix for that, the OP shoul really put this in the first post
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=79252
dont listen to the idiots sugesting a reflash before doing this because not everything needs reflash people, there are better and simpler solutions sometimes...
sorry. jus seen this post. will try now. downloaded the locale-archive. after that, put the folder locale-archive at where? i am very new to all this thingy. that's why i can't find appropriate post related to my problems although i have been searching on this forum for weeks.sorry guys. thaks for helping me.

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by universe View Post
sorry. jus seen this post. will try now. downloaded the locale-archive. after that, put the folder locale-archive at where? i am very new to all this thingy. that's why i can't find appropriate post related to my problems although i have been searching on this forum for weeks.sorry guys. thaks for helping me.
Put it into /usr/share as root.
The symlink to /home/usr/share is broken and will get wiped anyway if you invoke nitdroid-uninstaller in some future.

Though you may want to edit the moveroot script to move the folders to /home/opt/usr/share which will not get touched by nitdroid stuff any time (soon???), hopefully!

Posts: 1,239 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by Vlad_on_the_road View Post
Hi guys,

I am experiencing an annoying problem with my Nitdroid install (edit: last N12 version).
I get the following message "Root filesystem mmcblk0p5 NOT available! Guru Meditation #00000025.62017712" when I choose the Nitdroid entry in Multiboot WITH the external memory card plugged. If I unplug it, Nitdroid just start fine.

As you can imagine, I installed Nitdroid when the external memory was not present. I could just reinstall it with the memory card plugged but I was wondering maybe there is a smarter way to fix this problem.

My multiboot entry is like this:

I replaced ${EXT_CARD}p5 with mmcblk0p5 but it doesn't change anything...which doesn't really surprise me since the error message indicates that the soft knows what to do but the resource is not usable ("NOT available", see above). Any idea on how to fix this ?

Thanks in advance for your help !
Vlad
do it like this ${INT_CARD}p2 (mine is at p2, change ur to p5)

your nitdroid will boot up with card in it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
can anyone give me a latest image & kernel file so i can install nitdroid to my n900 without nitdroid.com...PLZ PLZ PLZ...help guys...

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid