Notices

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Germany ...
sunvox - Multiplatform Modular Music Creation Studio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E54uAhMBA1A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIFRL...eature=related

download:
http://www.warmplace.ru/soft/sunvox/sunvox.zip

Info:
http://www.warmplace.ru/soft/sunvox/

Last edited by michaelxy; 2010-12-16 at 21:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to michaelxy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Duplicate thread

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ghlight=sunvox

Also, it's sunvox, not sunfox.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Germany ...
sorry - admin please delete double post.

Maybe this thread should be open because it sounds better then
"sunvox coming to 900!!!!!?" :-) and because we have it now..

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Seriously, I find it very difficult! I don't even know how to compose something!!!

Originally Posted by Boemien View Post
Seriously, I find it very difficult! I don't even know how to compose something!!!
i've downloaded the app from their main site under maemo 5 section, there are samples comes with the .install file inside sunvox folder.
load song --- beat (or any1 you want) --- learn from it...you can add kicker, echo or whatever your inner DJ tells you

@boemien

sunvox is really a complex software (almost a studio software like cubase or logic audio)
its not just only a "fun app" ..but it makes a lot of fun:-)
if you worked with studio software before then its easier to work with sunvox, because then you know a bit about oscillators,sample editing,sound design, arrangement,filters and effects...and so on
My first day with sunvox wasnt easy but after watcing some videotutorials from warmplace.ru,looking at the example songs and reading the documentiation and the faq it got easiert.
maybe our community can make a wiki for it, when we have some experience..

Last edited by lq_sunshine; 2010-12-19 at 12:02.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lq_sunshine For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Actually, I was just about to suggest in the other thread, to create a new help-thread for this app.

I am not sure right now whether the little problems I ran into were due to my own misunderstanding or not. But let's share

a. Sometimes there's little hickups in playback even though the file I'm working on does not seem that big (8 tracks, no osci's, a bit of reverb on two or three channels). Anyone else seen that?

b. I seem to be allowed only 8 channels. It simply does not go any higher than number 8.

And than, there's the question, of course, if these F-keys could be emulated somehow.

Edit: Attached the voxbin file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip bin.sunvox.zip (1.1 KB, 131 views)

Last edited by anthonie; 2010-12-19 at 12:51.

Hi,
it is nice to see, that people are trying to get some sounds out of sunvox..Thanks for sharing your music :-)
I am also trying some sounds and will later share them :-)

a.

i dont have this problem, even when i play the demo song"city dreams" with more than 17 synth modules.
Maybe some apps are running in the background?
I allways close all open apps before i start sunvox.Maybe some other task is having a high cpu load?

If you are unsure you can see the cpu use of the sunvox plugins by clicking on "cpu usage" in the sound network menu

b.
If you want more Channels, you can make a new pattern.You can play multiple patterns at the same time.
Go into the timeline window (in the synth network click on the arrow symbol near the wretch)
When you are in the timeline windows just click on the wretch to open the menu.Then click on new pattern. Now you have another up to 8 channels.
You can repeat this step if you need more.
You also can use the timeline window for you arrangment.
You can determine, which pattern is played at a given time.

Last edited by lq_sunshine; 2010-12-19 at 16:04.

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by lq_sunshine View Post
Hi,
it is nice to see, that people are trying to get some sounds out of sunvox..Thanks for sharing your music :-)
I am also trying some sounds and will later share them :-).
Well, music is too big of a word for playing around a bit

Thanks for the tips. Turned all background processes off and it seems to run without hickups now. Didn't really check on that before because everything was running so smooth, also when I ran that same "city dreams" demo.

Track-problem solved too!