Closed Thread
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
hi i got my n900 abt 2 weeks ago and i want to update it...after i go to app manager i click on maemo 5 to start updating...then it says update failed...the update is 3.2010.02-8.003 and it is 92.7 MB...furthermore i cant open any pages on the WLAN

Originally Posted by mederyt View Post
hi i got my n900 abt 2 weeks ago and i want to update it...after i go to app manager i click on maemo 5 to start updating...then it says update failed...the update is 3.2010.02-8.003 and it is 92.7 MB...furthermore i cant open any pages on the WLAN
Have you activated other repositories, such as extras-testing and extras-devel?

Also, what are the power settings for your wifi? Some wireless access points don't like the power saving modes.

Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
Have you activated other repositories, such as extras-testing and extras-devel?

Also, what are the power settings for your wifi? Some wireless access points don't like the power saving modes.
i dont kno..what r extras testing and extras devel...im sry im just a starter

Could we perhaps rename this thread to "waist some time here" page after page of nothing to do with pr1.2.

Im sorry for asking a dumb question but is there actually any news on the next fw? sorry for not reading the whole thread but i just didnt think i was going to get anyware... anyone?

Originally Posted by Spotfist View Post
Could we perhaps rename this thread to "waist some time here" page after page of nothing to do with pr1.2.

Im sorry for asking a dumb question but is there actually any news on the next fw? sorry for not reading the whole thread but i just didnt think i was going to get anyware... anyone?
There really isn't much so i don't know how this thread can be this big. We will see some Qt4.6 love with the PR1.2, bug fixes, don't dream about full portrait, maybe some surprises.

Nokia doesn't ever announce fw update before it actually going live.

Posts: 436 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ England
Originally Posted by mederyt View Post
i dont kno..what r extras testing and extras devel...im sry im just a starter
here you go .... http://theunlockr.com/2009/11/22/how...ur-nokia-n900/ this is the very first thing i did when i turned my n900 on for the first time!

can you imagin what is going to happen to this site when the firmware is actually released?

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Originally Posted by Spotfist View Post
can you imagin what is going to happen to this site when the firmware is actually released?
I heard Reggie is going on holiday the day of release and switching the servers off

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
My bet is that PR1.2 won't be released for about a month. My impression is that there is a lot of chaos out there, which always means delay. In the meantime, I'm happy.

Closed Thread

Tags
avoid thread, fictional update, firmware, fremantle, future, goodwin's law, it will be on 12.21.2012, maemo, maemo 5, may be it's a myth?, may be next week, maybe april fools, maybe not, patience is a virtue, patience wastes your life, post generator, pr 1.2, pr1.2, product release, repost, rerun, rick roll'd, speculation, update, worst thread ever