Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Hi folks, I just noticed this when I expand the battery status dropdown menu>

VM Msgs: Offline

Any idea what this is about?

The Following User Says Thank You to Joseph.skb For This Useful Post:
Here's a pic. So sad to see "None" tagged here. Someone ... please, you must have seen, or heard about this before???

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images

I can't help (N800 here), but with my N800 desktop files are required in certain places to get a widget to show up. In your case, to get something to show up there, a desktop file will have to have been placed in /usr/share/applications/hildon-status-menu. What's the result of running ls /usr/share/applications/hildon-status-menu? Maybe someone can tell you if a desktop file is there that shouldn't be there

Originally Posted by jstokes View Post
I can't help (N800 here), but with my N800 desktop files are required in certain places to get a widget to show up. In your case, to get something to show up there, a desktop file will have to have been placed in /usr/share/applications/hildon-status-menu. What's the result of running ls /usr/share/applications/hildon-status-menu? Maybe someone can tell you if a desktop file is there that shouldn't be there
I don't understand "What's the result of running ls /usr/share/applications/hildon-status-menu? Maybe someone can tell you if a desktop file is there that shouldn't be there". How do I check that?

By the way, I installed SMSCON editor recently...

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Chennai, India
I've still got it and can't remove it from the menu.

Did you get your phone fixed? If so, how.

Thanks.

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Chennai, India
Originally Posted by jstokes View Post
Checking the content of the folder revealed that vox-mwi-status-widget.desktop contained this
"[Desktop Entry]
Name=VoXMWI
Icon=general_email
Comment=VoX MWI Status Widget
Category=permanent
Type=default
X-Path=lib-vox-mwi-status-widget.so
"
with a "permanent" in Category, and that was relevant enough.
Removed it via "apt-get remove vox*" and problem solved.