Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
You have been waiting to use that one... I know you have

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
You have been waiting to use that one... I know you have
You have no idea the trove I have awaiting. ...yes, even self-deprecating humor...

Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Joseph.skb View Post
<SNIP>Also, there will be over 1,000 applications available for the OS when the phone is launched, the company said.<SNIP>
Hmm so maybe there is some truth to that after all?
I mentioned earlier in the thread that some guy was told this by Nokia at the Malaysian shindig.
Nokia specifically said they weren't aiming to having the no. that iOS or Android has (well der), but rather a small amt of quality apps.
They better not be mostly "fart apps"!!!
TBH I'd be happy with even just 200 hundred apps, so long as they're all fairly decent, & there's SLOW but constant growth.
The built-in functionality looks to be very good anyway, so that'll keep all but the p0w3r users happy for quite some time

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-09-20 at 06:17.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Hmm so maybe there is some truth to that after all?
I mentioned earlier in the thread that some guy was told this by Nokia at the Malaysian shindig.
Nokia specifically said they weren't aiming to having the no. that iOS or Android has (well der), but rather a small amt of quality apps.
They better not be mostly "fart apps"!!!
TBH I'd be happy with even just 200 hundred apps, so long as they're all fairly decent, & there's SLOW but constant growth.
The built-in functionality looks to be very good anyway, so that'll keep all but the p0w3r users happy for quite some time
I'd be happy with phone...3G Video call...voice navigation...MMS...a good camera (not a better camera)...a smart media player...and a few other stuffs

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joseph.skb For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Buy the N9 and get let down by Nokia once again, you lot are MADDDDD.

Overpriced piece of junk.

This Swiss online shop says it will be available October 7 (confirmed by their supplier). The price quoted is' the 64 GB and is inclusive of 58.20 CHF for shipment from Switzerland to Italy.

https://www.highdefinition.ch/produc...rz/458359.html

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to delmar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Buy the N9 and get let down by Nokia once again, you lot are MADDDDD.

Overpriced piece of junk.
Wow! that was quick. I thought you just posted...

It will be available between the 3rd and 10th of October so you can all relax and figure out where your actually going to purchase it from.
I know it didn't indicate your interest to buy it, but it looks like a big change in feeling towards it???

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joseph.skb For This Useful Post:

I know it didn't indicate your interest to buy it, but it looks like a big change in feeling towards it???
I am done with Nokia because i do not want to be let down any more after the N900 but i wish everyone the best of luck with the N9, i will not buy one for myself personally but i will have one to play with for a while when it eventually does get let out of prison by Elop hahaha.

This release is the N900 all over again, it was delayed and delayed and look at the state of the OS when it did eventually get out, it was abismally inadiquate.

I have a bad feeling about this N9 and the reason i try to make people realise and if anything to WAIT untill some proof exsists of the OS AND support from Nokia.

I have seen this happen way too many times before so this time i go against the grain and you know something? i very very want to be proved wrong and everyone enjoy some good support for once for a device, wont hold my breath though.

Last edited by abill_uk; 2011-09-20 at 07:28.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009

Don't bother feeding him...
He doesn't know what he's thinking from one day to the next.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????