Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
Originally Posted by darguzar View Post
i just don't get it why a non MAEMO or even NON MEEGO firmware phone is discussed in maemo forum.... and there are already 950 pages of it....
i don't get you? the n9 is/uses maemo 6 which is has been named meego-harmattan (overly simplfied i know but you get my meaning)

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
I kinda appreciate what Gerbick/Dan sometimes bang on about WRT elitest dev<->everyone else attitudes:
http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?p=33186#post33186
Just came out of nowhere, the thread is for general discussion, not an e-peen competition.
Then again he/she is not representative of all the devs....
I think smoku has a point, and rather than taking it with a cool head/asking him to clarify you sort of trolled him with your presumptions.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
...there is more to the success of a project that the technical attributes.
that's why i love you man! hehe

marxian for President!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
the more I see the N9 the more I want one!!!!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by unfuccwittable View Post
to the gent who reported on the N9 being available in Malaysia, which city are you located in? And which store(s) was it available in?
its available in kl,especiallly nokia concept stores n its authorized dealer stalls..

The Following User Says Thank You to daviss For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I want two.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
I think smoku has a point, and rather than taking it with a cool head/asking him to clarify you sort of trolled him with your presumptions.
I would almost agree with you except that the context and the curt tone of the reply made it sound more dismissive than constructive--and that seems to be common there.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Last edited by danramos; 2011-10-14 at 05:54.

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
Anyone still wants N9?
I actually do. I don't use the phone like most of you guys though... Twitter, Gmail, weather, calendar, some stupid photo effects on a photo I didn't like anyway, maps, Google Voice, a few IM's, Google Analytics, calculator, Evernote and an alarm.

Oh, and wifi tethering... and Pulse.

I'm good. N9 makes it easy to do most of the above, and do it even more simple than my Mango updated Dell Venue Pro - but with much better battery life - and I'm game. If I wanted updates, I still have my Xoom.

Wow. That was actually sad to read.

I just want a simple to use phone. Android is getting a bit too complex, but I'm used to it. I just have to actually concentrate while using it (read: no driving and texting). WP7 is simple as hell, all the stuff is at a glance. And iOS... meh. I had the first 3 iterations of iPhone, don't see myself going back.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
I would almost agree with you except that the context and the curt tone of the reply made it sound more dismissive than constructive--and that seems to be common there.
Well... People do what they like to do, not what you prefer them to...

Roll up your sleeves and lead the consolidation effort.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Well... People do what they like to do, not what you prefer them to...

Roll up your sleeves and lead the consolidation effort.
That could have been followed up with details or at least a pointer to something constructive itself--If that had been intended as a genuine suggestion and not just a dismissive, mind you.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????