Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
I've asked that the vote continue using karma as a filter.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
The problem with opt-in or a forum software based voting would be that nearly nobody would be aware of the voting.
With an email-notification we'd get voters who otherwise probably wouldn't test and vote the apps...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 324 | Thanked: 371 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver, BC
How about filtering on last activity date? Like only send emails to members who've been active on tmo for the past 6 months or so? That should reduce the number of emails by quite a bit, and make the voting more relevant.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Slocan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Slocan View Post
How about filtering on last activity date? Like only send emails to members who've been active on tmo for the past 6 months or so? That should reduce the number of emails by quite a bit, and make the voting more relevant.
Yes... and having Karma of a given level, 100 I believe? Not everyone posts to tmo so that alone shouldn't be the sole filter (IMO), especially seeing as this is actually a Meego competition. But, by logging on shows interest in the community, which is what such a competition is all about so the combination of TMO/FMC* activity AND Karma would probably be good enough, wouldn't it?

*FMC - forum.meego.com

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Subotica, Serbia
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
Yes... and having Karma of a given level, 100 I believe?
100 was the requirement to be a candidate in the voting. Anyone with 10 or more Karma could vote for community council.

Candidates need to have a karma of 100 or higher; voters need to have a karma of 10 or more.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mmlado For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
fyi
Hi again,

how many emails you'd have to send if everyone with karma 10 or above OR with forum activity within the last six month would be able to vote?

Best regards,
Cosimo
donation update:

10€ by an anonymous donator. Thanks!

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Well at least I would be pi*sed if any karma requirement is set. Until yesterday I thought that the karma thing was only for wiki edits and program testing and such. Now I've noticed that you could link the TMO account with the community account and get karma for your posts/thanks *after* doing the linking (although I haven't yet noticed any change).

So I'd be quite disappointed if I were not allowed to vote. But anyway, donation is donation, and I don't want it back in any case.

The Following User Says Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
Well at least I would be pi*sed if any karma requirement is set.
[...]So I'd be quite disappointed if I were not allowed to vote.
That's why I asked if it is possible to let members vote who were active in the past six months additionally to the >10 karma points members.

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
@zehjotkah,

Thanks. Was referring to @SD69 (#681), @demolition (#684) and @mmlado (#685). Made be scared, you know

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
If this doesn't work lets elect a committee to select the best applications...

Tags
coding, community, competition, contest, development, intel, meego, meetmeego, nokia