Hello,

now I got from Nokia source code of certman control panel applet. I really do not belive that Nokia sent me source code of (until now) unpublished binary only component of Maemo 5...

I looked into source code and all is under GPL license, so I redistributing source code to Maemo community.

Tarball of maemo-security-certman-applet which I got is attached.

EDIT: Now Nokia officialy released source code of lastest version here: https://gitorious.org/maemo-5-certif...certman-applet
Attached Files
File Type: gz maemo-security-certman-applet_0.0.9.tar.gz (44.2 KB, 148 views)

Last edited by pali; 2011-12-02 at 11:05.

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Shock.

No, really

Nokia released source code of something, that wasn't released before? For Freemantle? Halleluah, I can't believe it. It is like China allowing free demonstration on TianAnMen. Bless You, Pali, try again, and You're going to get BMe code for us

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

I can think of source code that would be far more useful than BME source

Hmmm, this source isn't the latest version
Its not PR1.3 or 1.3.1 source, its older than that

Still better than nothing. I could probably be very happy with pr 1.1 BME source
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Originally Posted by pali View Post
I looked into source code and all is under GPL license
LGPL, 2.1 according to COPYING or "either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version" according to debian/copyright so let's call it "2.1 or later" which complies with both.

But yeah, kudos to whoever managed to get it released!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Still better than nothing. I could probably be very happy with pr 1.1 BME source
Heck, I (and everyone else who ever had a reboot-looping-while-charging N8x0) would be happy even with the fixed binary mentioned in bug 3144.

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Having BME source would be pointless. Most people dont need to mess with it at all and for those that want to do battery charging things, the information (e.g. on N900 charging chip) is already known.

Much more usefull source we could have such as icd source or mce source or connui-* source or hildon-input-method closed bits or osso-systemui stuff.

The Following User Says Thank You to jonwil For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lma View Post
LGPL, 2.1 according to COPYING or "either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version" according to debian/copyright so let's call it "2.1 or later" which complies with both.

But yeah, kudos to whoever managed to get it released!
sorry for mistake. I checked only headers of files if all is OK for publishing here...

Originally Posted by jonwil View Post
Having BME source would be pointless. Most people dont need to mess with it at all and for those that want to do battery charging things, the information (e.g. on N900 charging chip) is already known.

Much more usefull source we could have such as icd source or mce source or connui-* source or hildon-input-method closed bits or osso-systemui stuff.
Can't agree. Without knowing bme source, we got real troubles replacing it - due to many Maemo element, communicating with it.

Sure, You can kick off bme and throw proper module now, and charging will work - but, everything depending on API communication with bme, will get broken. If You want to get more info, ask joerg_rw or catch him on irc (DocScrutinizer).

Nevertheless, I agree, that mce code would be also useful

Still, this discussion is quite pointless, cause we aren't going to get bme/mce sources anyway.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:

Tags
certman-applet, source code