Posts: 11 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Spain
http://www.elblogdenegu.com/2012/10/...ote-2-android/

I show you a small comparison between two of the most impressive phones on the market and the best working multitasking.

The unicorn against nemesis. We prove that the final hardware is not everything (and I have both)

Start

Nokia N9 loses out very clearly, Note 2 is impressive in this regard. Eventually the engine is waaaaay more powerful and it shows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpL7...e_gdata_player

Multitasking (Multitasking)

The strength of our Nokia Meego and N9. Here with a much lower hardware shows that is on par with the most powerful Android now. Is not this amazing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzxZ1...ature=youtu.be

Fluency Meego vs Android

The two systems are very fluid, it shows Android improved, perhaps because it is accompanied with powerful hardware, and as an "obsolete" might have had a great future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_QJE...ature=youtu.be

Conclusions

Although there is a vast difference between a phone and other hardware components, it is shown that a good software makes any mobile device is a real beast.

There are minute differences as at startup, the QuadCore and 2GB RAM Note 2, gives hair. I acknowledge that this boot so fast that I love, but neither saw a problem in my N9 (I think that the Galaxy S was also faster).

The strength of MeeGo (Nokia N9) is multitasking, and this is no slouch either with the most powerful mobile market. I think it works much better even than the last androids, because in Note 2 have 2GB to fill in background applications. Many gigs to do ... but in the Nokia N9 with 1GB I can open as many applications as in my Note 2, without sacrificing one iota. Could do with a S3 for example? It would have to prove it ...

In short, I am delighted with the two phones, but I'm right in staying with my Nokia N9. I think it's one of the best phones ever created.

A curiosity, do you know how much a Nokia N9 64GB White? therefore the same as a year ago when I bought it. How much is a next generation android type Note 2? Now you can get it for 100 € less.

Although would pay the same for the two for me is significant. The jewel do keep my little (now I small compared to Note 2) white unicorn.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raulunzue For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
I think to prove mutl-tasking on the Note 2 it would have been great to have shown the side-panel that allows you to use two apps at once...

That IMO is a better demo of multi-tasking instead of clicking to open then pressing the home button...This is not proper multi-tasking as you can open a tab in Opera or default ICS browser (haven't tried chrome on my SGS2 yet) and minimize it...Use other apps and return after say 10-15mins in one of those tabs and they'll have to be refreshed to be seen as they were closed with only URL saved...The N9 doesn't suffer that but then again the N9 is unable to have that kind of side-bar due to the smaller screen as well as 2-3 years old hardware...

FWIW, both are equally good in their respective ways...The GNote2 is an obscene piece of strong specs while the N9 is the only Harmattan device but one that runs pretty well on outdated hardware...

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-10-23 at 13:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
it wwould be interesting if someone can flash harmattan on some of these dual/quad core devices which are running android. Some customization will be needed yes and some stuff like calls may not work, but it'll be interesting nevertheless.

The Following User Says Thank You to abubakar For This Useful Post: