Posts: 42 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ culpeper,va.
[QUOTE=ranbaxy;1315466]HTC 8X [/QUOTE

wp8, both or all?
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geektech For This Useful Post:
Posts: 192 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Austin, Tx
[QUOTE=geektech;1315544]
Originally Posted by ranbaxy View Post
HTC 8X [/QUOTE

wp8, both or all?
LOL (10chars)

The Following User Says Thank You to captainofiron For This Useful Post:
The new Lumia phones do look rather nice. I was always interested in Windows Phone. Mostly just curious how the UI works in real life, but the fact that I knew that WP7 phones would be just as EOL as Symbian/Maemo/MeeGo phones and the previously high price of WP8 phones kept me from buying one.

Since I prefer slightly smaller phones and don't have much interest in camera functionality, I will probably buy either a Lumia 520, 620 or 720 device and have a look at WP.
Must likely a yellow 520, since it is very affordable, a great way to check in person if WP could become my primary phone OS.
I actually prefer the look of the 720, but love the idea of the changeable covers of the 520 and 620.

It is going to be interesting with BB10, Tizen, Jolla, Ubuntu and Firefox devices coming this year. But I think the N9 will stay my primary phone this year also.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bernard For This Useful Post:
I dont know how anybody can like the multitasking on WP8

it is dreadful.

I was trying to send some photos from my wifes lumia to my N9 (I have to give it credit the camera is very very good)

how stupid is it that you have to mash the back button over and over to close out everything, and its such a pain not to be able to see everything open and freely switch between them

I guess the N9 has spoiled me

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
By the way re-load the page if you want to see the stream.

Or youll be stuck with the earlier video.

@ ofiron

That's really stupid design decision I agree.
I can't say Apple's method is any better (Double Tap home, Swipe Right, keep swiping until you find the App, Click to enter it).

Or Double Tap Home, Swipe Right, Press and Hold, Tap the small circle to close the App, keep tapping that ridiculously small X on all the Apps until they're closed.

Android's implementation is much better, but that isn't saying much.

The real cherry is when you use a Palm Pre, or even better a RIM PlayBook (which is missing one feature, and that's the ability to stack two Apps side-by-side like a desktop OS)

I'm flattered

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
@ ofiron

That's really stupid design decision I agree.
I can't say Apple's method is any better (Double Tap home, Swipe Right, keep swiping until you find the App, Click to enter it).

Or Double Tap Home, Swipe Right, Press and Hold, Tap the small circle to close the App, keep tapping that ridiculously small X on all the Apps until they're closed.

Android's implementation is much better, but that isn't saying much.

The real cherry is when you use a Palm Pre, or even better a RIM PlayBook (which is missing one feature, and that's the ability to stack two Apps side-by-side like a desktop OS)
yea I know what you mean.

You know a friend of mine has the Galaxy Note 2, and on it you can actually stack apps and have 2 running at the same time, looked interesting

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Just bought Lumia 620, a great little phone for regular flawless use and excellent sync with corporate email and client. I et it will become a bestseller. Its on par with iPhone 4s. But so much cheaper

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
In ur Lumia world u are absolutly correct with all the spam, comments, ideas and trolling, NOW WAKE UP! or go , its a another forum u should be on.

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Nop lumia 620 is the best affordable unit available in its category

Tags
icebrick vodka, lumia 920