Notices

i think i must need python installed? I have canola2 installed i was thinking that would automatically installed python for me?

edit: I did need python and had to use gainroot to install it... it is hidden now so

side question what is the risk of damaging your touch screen from using this emulator? From pressing the same area so many times?

Last edited by keypox; 2008-01-23 at 16:13.

hey
im new to this forum. i just got an n810 and im having trouble getting the emulator on there. im new to all this stuff and was wondering if anyone was willing to go into extreme detail.

first youneed to install python . searh the forum for python and red pill mode after that this thread has thw insta;l for emu

alright i got it all done
ive heard theres a gba emulator for the n810 too, i read it doesnt work very well but where do i find it?

VirtualBoy Advance. It runs horribly.

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
This runs great! Much better than the old gambatte and vba...
But, i have a question: where is the default savedir, and how do i change it
I edited the python file and added the --savedir /media/mmc2/Gameboy command
It seemed to work once with a typo, but i cant do it again...
everything works great btw

EDIT;; lol, it should be --savedir=/media/mmc2/Gameboy , so now the only question is where is the default savedir so i can delete the files. ( i think a gui option for changing the savestate would be a great addition)

Last edited by Thesandlord; 2008-01-31 at 04:19. Reason: fixed the problem

The default spot for the savegames/states is /home/user/.gnuboy/saves/

Sorry I'm not going to have much time to add features for a while. However I'll try and post the source up tonight so anyone else who wants to add stuff can.

[EDIT] Here's the source:
http://chaoticbob.nfshost.com/maemo/...-0.9.14.tar.gz

I would reccommend not messing with the debianization as all the files are copied manually so you'll lose that if you aren't careful.

Last edited by ChaoticBob; 2008-02-01 at 05:23.

The Following User Says Thank You to ChaoticBob For This Useful Post:
I was kind of wondering. Why not rotate the device 90 degrees for this. As in, if you turn it so that the buttons are at the bottom, then the Previous key could be B, and the Home key could be A. Way better than onscreen buttons.

The Following User Says Thank You to jhoff80 For This Useful Post:
Plus one of the big problems with gaming on n800 is that it can't recognize more than one hardware button at a time. Actually now that I think about it, maybe that was an SDL limitation? Anyway I agree that it really wouldn't be very easy to control and the home button thing is true. There may be a way to override it somewhere but I have no idea where.

hey im going to do a quick youtube demo of gnuboy with the pyboy front end (more for promotional than informative purposes) so if theres anything anyone wants me to show off pm me before the end of the weekend