Originally Posted by donchurch View Post
I'm using the so called docking station usb c plug-in and my router is the dhcp server. I acknowledge that there may be another way to get lan connected but internet connections isn't it and Network-Manager worked without configuring. I'm not much into the chat scene but will look into IRC, thanks.
Wait a minute..you might answer to my question about ethernet:
https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=101354

Thanks you that's good information but unless Network-Manager is conflicting with something I'm happy to leave it just as I have a bluetooth manager for my keyboard.
My Android phone has network settings and my cellular provider seems to need at least one of them to be happy. I know some providers "just work" with Leste. It's curious that Leste uses a PMOS routine during boot and I'm coming from PMOS which uses modem-manager but of course I did have to give it this command to start talking "mmcli -m 0 --3gpp-set-initial-eps-bearer-settings="apn=RESELLER,ip-type=ipv4".

I'm happy to leave it just as I have a bluetooth manager for my keyboard.
Not tested myself (because I have Pinephone Keyboard), but bluetooth keyboard should work without extra managers with Leste.

It's curious that Leste uses a PMOS routine during boot and I'm coming from PMOS which uses modem-manager but of course I did have to give it this command to start talking "mmcli -m 0 --3gpp-set-initial-eps-bearer-settings="apn=RESELLER,ip-type=ipv4".
I am pretty sure that developers have solution to your problem, you can easily ask from IRC channel #maemo-leste, you can connect thru web here:
https://web.libera.chat/

There are no bluetooth options in settings. If I remember correctly I couldn't find any packages installed initially and of course they need pairing.

There are no bluetooth options in settings. If I remember correctly I couldn't find any packages installed initially and of course they need pairing.
ok..then somebody should compile this Maemo 5 software to Leste:
https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=65577

Greetings,
I just thought I'd update the situation, admittedly I put the Pinephone aside for months at a time when ambition is waning.

I did visit the IRC channel (thank you Sicelo) a few times. The first time my problem went unresolved. Months later I switched from Puretalk to H2O having read of Pinephone connectivity and them appealing to my other desires but the carriers are AT&T line leasers. So I figured I'd give Leste another attempt on the PP since my LineageOS is a couple years out of date and no more support for the phone that I could find.

Being a little ignorant on the scene I didn't know that the APN is for data and not voice calls and gprs is not GPS location setting.

So with the latest install and new carrier I had a similar problem. I could send and receive text messages and RECEIVE voice calls but making a call failed just like before.

With trial and error I discovered that I could make calls using a phone call app, Gnome-calls I think or similar.

So I visited the IRC chat a second time to give and update of my situation and was informed that my system was actually broken and so the guys there tried to debug my system to no avail. Sicelo offered the suggestion to build and try the latest ofono development package and so with help from them I succeeded in that endeavor and low and behold I was able to make AND receive phone calls. I did have an issue or two like not being able to access the dial pad during a call to enter a code or the like but it was at least usable.

I had Leste installed on a micro SDHC and with the recreational Python app testing that I was enjoying it didn't take long before the cheap memory card FAILED and so I was back at installing all that I had before but on the EMMC internal.

So trying to build the ofono package again I had trouble with prerequisites in that one of the dev packages had a maemo-dev package conflict and wouldn't build.

So back to the IRC chat I went and explained the situation to see if anyone had knowledge of the situation but I noticed for some reason there was zero activity on the channel showing up on my screen. The next day or so and re-logging I discovered that I am blocked from the Maemo-Leste channel. Was I too much of a layman to chat there? Did someone in charge decide I was a pest?

I'll soon maybe pick the phone back up again and see if the issue was naturally resolved but in the mean time the old LineageOS phone is lightyears ahead but I do like the idea of running my desktop Devuan Linux OS on my cell phone. Though they're all likely spy devices in the end.

The Following User Says Thank You to donchurch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,421 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
I am curious if anyone using Leste in this PinePhone (&Pro) thread has upgraded to the mostly-FOSS distro for the modem module. It saves power ind improves call quality as well as mostly solving the wakeup issues.
https://themodemdistro.com/
https://github.com/the-modem-distro/pinephone_modem_sdk
It is also important to note that there is a fix on the modem distro website if users encounter a non-booting module as happens with upgrades on newer hardware releases, this involves rebuilding the IMEI and other components of the 'firmware' and completely solves this issue.

Community Council | Posts: 682 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
So back to the IRC chat I went and explained the situation to see if anyone had knowledge of the situation but I noticed for some reason there was zero activity on the channel showing up on my screen. The next day or so and re-logging I discovered that I am blocked from the Maemo-Leste channel. Was I too much of a layman to chat there? Did someone in charge decide I was a pest?
Hi, no one kicked you from the room. I wonder if your IP address is not from a pool that is blacklisted.

Try to do it again. Maybe see if you can try a different IP address, VPN, or something else.

Originally Posted by biketool View Post
I am curious if anyone using Leste in this PinePhone (&Pro) thread has upgraded to the mostly-FOSS distro for the modem module. It saves power ind improves call quality as well as mostly solving the wakeup issues.
https://themodemdistro.com/
https://github.com/the-modem-distro/pinephone_modem_sdk
It is also important to note that there is a fix on the modem distro website if users encounter a non-booting module as happens with upgrades on newer hardware releases, this involves rebuilding the IMEI and other components of the 'firmware' and completely solves this issue.
I flashed the package and I saw no modem functionality. The non-booting modem help made no mention of rebuilding the IMEI. I'm not really interested in submitting the log files and debugging this project right now so I did the flash stock option.

Originally Posted by sicelo View Post
Hi, no one kicked you from the room. I wonder if your IP address is not from a pool that is blacklisted.

Try to do it again. Maybe see if you can try a different IP address, VPN, or something else.
Hey thanks sicelo, I opened the chat app and the room connected. I'm not too hip on the that scene and I'm gonna start fresh and basic again since the dialer has no backend listed after flashing the modem thing a couple times.