Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by craves1 View Post
I would make such a version if at least 20 people wanted it at about $25.00 each. This is what the circuit boards would cost with shipping. I already have a design in my mind. It would need a PCB but you would have to solder the card in.
Well sadly I'm just one and it looks like the price of making such stuff in small quantities is a bit high. I expected something like $15 but obviously I was dreaming. I wonder what is the final price including full SD socket and back door then. Never mind.
1. Can you or anyone tell me where I can get a schematic of the N810?
I don't know any public download link. 770 and N800 schematic can be googled quite easily. I wonder how can (hypothetically of course) such file appear on similar servers without revealing identity of uploader? Would be nice to have N810 there too.
2. Do you are anyone know if the N810 supports SPIO Mode or is there a way to communicate trough the SD port other than to flash cards?
SDIO is possible in theory but there is no support for it in 2.6.21 kernel. It was added later after MMC stack was completely restructured.
3. Can the Data ports of the SD slot be addressed separately
I'm not sure. It can talk in SD or MMC or SPI protocol. If it is not enough maybe those OMAP pins can be reconfigured as GPIOs but maybe serial port pins are better for this.
and are there any programs to do this?
you need to write kernel driver and talk to it from userspace
4. Are there drivers for the FTDI Serial chips that are easy to install?
Yes, you just need to insert existing kernel module, search this forum for FTDI.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post:
You always have to open the current mini SD door defore you remove the card. You just have to open the door, not eject the adapter. Then you can change the card from the full size adapter. This makes it as safe as the original mini sd card being removed without the adapter.
Indeed - a push-in/push-out slot, or any other 'fast' slot, would be just fine as long as it's behind the cover (which has a detector).

Can anyone help me with this? it is off subject but is taking up too much of my time.

I can not get the album cover art to show in canola2 2.0.0~beta9-maemo2 OS = Diablo no matter what I try.

I installed canola cleanup but no menu to run it anywhere even though it is in the installed applications screen. Do I need to run it in Xterm?

When I am able to get the large art to show only a few small album art covers will show. I ran the cover-art plugin and no change.

Now most of the large album art is missing with only about 20 out of 300 pieces of the small art is showing.

I am not installing from the maemo extras devel repo
I am installing from the maemo extras /diablo repo.

The strange thing is on my N800 with diablo installed everything is OK but the same install on my N810 is the problem.

Can anyone tell me exactly how to completely uninstall canola2 on diablo either with canola cleanup (no menu to select it anywhere) or by some other method do I can try to install fresh?

How do you run Canola cleanup in Diablo since it do not show up in any of the menus after it is installed?

Thanks

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
hope this helps....pm me with any questions.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Canola2 Album Art Guide.txt (4.6 KB, 125 views)

Originally Posted by munky261 View Post
hope this helps....pm me with any questions.
Thanks munky261
I use this method to copy the same folder files from my N800 which shows them OK to my N810.

Same results.

I am using canola and other media player to test the speed of different memory cards in the Full size SD adapter.
I need to have all the folders art and as many albums a possible to see the response form different cards.
All other programs show the album art except Canola2.

Going back to the subject Does the cover fit tightly? Mine (original one) is a little loose.

Originally Posted by child View Post
Going back to the subject Does the cover fit tightly? Mine (original one) is a little loose.
The cover is the only part I am still waiting for and it is scheduled to be delivered on or before the 10th.
The main thing for me is to make sure the cover is of the best quality which means it must fit properly. I have used the adapter for several weeks now with the plastic cover from the MUGEN battery. The main problem is the movement and the fit. My product will not be like this.

Thanks

Last edited by craves1; 2008-10-09 at 13:02.

This would be easy since you are willing to cut the N810 plastic and take the SD card out of the case. This is more of a hacker’s version and can be done. I would make such a version if at least 20 people wanted it at about $25.00 each. This is what the circuit boards would cost with shipping. I already have a design in my mind. It would need a PCB but you would have to solder the card in.

Let me know it would make a good hackers project.
Count me in as interested in a hackers version that could use the OEM cover. My usage of the tablet prohibits it from getting absolutely any thicker.

I think I'd go for one of the hacker's version, although I don't have an N810 ATM. I've got a couple of other ideas for it...

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
I think I'd go for one of the hacker's version, although I don't have an N810 ATM. I've got a couple of other ideas for it...
Just a few more and I will make the hackers versions also. This one would be about 1.5mm thick with the SD card removed from the case. I will aslo make one that is about 2.85mm thich that do not need the card to be soldered on the PCB or removed from the case.

** Just to keep things clear. This post is about a special requested hackers version of the card for people who want to cut the N810 plastic case or use it for other things. The Full size SD adapter in the Thread does not require soldering or hacking of any kind.

I have tested it in many products tha use the Mini SD and so far it works in all of them as long as the suppoer SDHC format cards.

Thanks

Last edited by craves1; 2008-10-09 at 13:00.

Tags
16gb on n810, 32g n810, memory upgards for n810, memory upgrade n810