Closed Thread
Hi - back again - using the Diablo firmware did allow me to access those applications in Extras. Thanks!

I think I have another problem now. I flashed Diablo okay, then I installed the easy-deb-chroot okay, and then I ran the easy-deb-chroot from the menu. The 329 MB file downloaded in a X Terminal window. At this time, the script has been stopped (frozen?) for the last five minutes. Is there a problem? The text output is as follows:

100%[=====>] 329,368,175 100K/s ETA 00:00

14:05:39 (100KB/s) - debian-chroot-img-final.tar.bz2' saved [329368175/329368175]

debian-final.img.ext2

==
EDIT: Waited another ten minutes and the script generated a Success popup message.
==

Last edited by tuxdelux; 2008-12-09 at 19:30.

Originally Posted by tuxdelux View Post
Hi - back again - using the Diablo firmware did allow me to access those applications in Extras. Thanks!

I think I have another problem now. I flashed Diablo okay, then I installed the easy-deb-chroot okay, and then I ran the easy-deb-chroot from the menu. The 329 MB file downloaded in a X Terminal window. At this time, the script has been stopped (frozen?) for the last five minutes. Is there a problem? The text output is as follows:

100%[=====>] 329,368,175 100K/s ETA 00:00

14:05:39 (100KB/s) - debian-chroot-img-final.tar.bz2' saved [329368175/329368175]

debian-final.img.ext2
That confused me also, but just wait and wait and it will go away and everything will be fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to jarl For This Useful Post:
I am having a small problem i suppose with the panel. I seem to have lost it? I know that it is still on the bottom but there is nothing visible. Im not sure if someone else has had this issue or not but would appreciate a little help retrieving it. Thank you in advance.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
tuxdelux: That long wait is the big image file being unzipped after downloading.

Originally Posted by matthewcb4 View Post
I am having a small problem i suppose with the panel. I seem to have lost it? I know that it is still on the bottom but there is nothing visible. Im not sure if someone else has had this issue or not but would appreciate a little help retrieving it. Thank you in advance.
Did you try this?
"Q: How do I make Debian apps fullscreen?
A: Select the "Set Debian HW Keys" menu item; wait a bit, then you can press the minus (-) hardware key followed by the "fullscreen" hardware key to toggle fullscreen for any app."

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Poland / Bialystok
and how about mounts.
I'm mounting another image file within debian but after debian's shutdown/start procedure, df -h gives me list of my both debian image files - unfortunately my additional isn't mounted properly - I can mount it and each time I do that - my list is getting bigger.
I tried to set it auto in fastab but with no visible result.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
If you're mounting something inside Debian, you have to u(n)mount it before closing Debian. Otherwise, you will get these weird "ghost" images.

I strongly suggest mounting anything you want mounted in maemo, and then "mount -o bind /mountpoint /debian/mountpoint" to make it available to Debian. You can add this to the /sbin/debian and /sbin/closechroot scripts to make it more automatic.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
hi @qole,

How can we play yahoo games? I think we need extra java package to start the game. Where can we install java package for os 2008 diablo and easy debian?
Thanks

mandrake64: I don't know, I don't play yahoo games. If you use Iceweasel or Kazehakase to go to the Yahoo Games site, it should load your Java applets. It may take a very long time, however. It may not work if the applet is too big or too graphics-intensive.

Originally Posted by qole View Post
mandrake64: I don't know, I don't play yahoo games. If you use Iceweasel or Kazehakase to go to the Yahoo Games site, it should load your Java applets. It may take a very long time, however. It may not work if the applet is too big or too graphics-intensive.
@qole,
I tried Iceweasel and Kazehakase but It didn't worked. There is a warning message; your current settings is bad, you must enable java etc..I think yahoo games applet has too graphics-intensive as you think. By the way I don't play yahoo games too for a long time. But I just wondered if N800 handle java applets. Thanks for your explanation.

Closed Thread

Tags
debian, firefox, gimp, java, openoffice