Ok, I'm late stepping into this thread, so I'm curious, what would the tilt sensor and other mods be used for, are they all one package or separate items, and would you need the sd mod in order to use these? I'm guessing yes for the tilt sensor, but I'm not sure for the others.

Well I'm new here but to make it short from my limited experience here...

Tilt allows for screen rotation like the BB Storm and the Apple I---

As for the IR it allows for universal remote functionality with the proper sw and likely data transfer though the data transfer is old school...

He mentions something about new screen functionality, not sure what that may be though.

The Following User Says Thank You to toxic_d For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by toxic_d View Post
Anxious to see this come to reality... What is the accelerometer that you plan on using? Is it going to be a 2 axis or 3 axis tilt sensor?
Three Axis

Thanks

Right, but what games and/or apps can currently use it, or will at some point? The idea here is, of what benefit will it be to me?

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
enigma works with a accelerometer as shown here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fglg-MptslA

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
If you make it, I'll try to make Xournal aware of its existance and rotate the note accordingly

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
Originally Posted by anidel View Post
If you make it, I'll try to make Xournal aware of its existance and rotate the note accordingly
anidel, it would be better if we could have it done from the OS.
the rx-51 has a tilt sensor so its likely that fremantle itself will have support.
it would be better to expect rotation to occur at the os level itself.

having said that, I think other gestures would work well:

etchasketch type clearing when you shake the screen would be cool

It would be even better to do that per app, and if you shake it too much bits of UI start falling to the bottom!

The Following User Says Thank You to lcuk For This Useful Post:
@craves1: Can you share the name of the chip that you're planning to use? I am no coder (haven't touched anything of that sort in a long time), but I am interested in playing around with this.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Screen tilting is one purpose, maybe the important primary one. But there are many! It allows some games to be controlled this way. For example Neverball. I think Pandora would also gain accelerometer. Its also very useful in GPS device, and in general would open some more options for Carman. Here are many more!

The Following User Says Thank You to allnameswereout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Originally Posted by lcuk View Post
anidel, it would be better if we could have it done from the OS.
the rx-51 has a tilt sensor so its likely that fremantle itself will have support.
it would be better to expect rotation to occur at the os level itself.

having said that, I think other gestures would work well:

etchasketch type clearing when you shake the screen would be cool

It would be even better to do that per app, and if you shake it too much bits of UI start falling to the bottom!
I am sure the OS will (in the upcoming device) send a DBUS message telling the applications the screen as rotated. This way the applications may choose to honor it and rotate accordingly.

As soon as I'll get my Dell mini 9 I'll install Fremantle and start porting Xournal to it and I am pretty sure I'll take a look at this option along with getting advantage of some Clutter effect (buttons that hover over the note and fade away when start using the stylus again and stuff like that).

This will work the same way on Fremantle as it'll work on this mod (if it'll come out). It's just a few mode lines of code to support this particular device in the app instead of relying on the OS.

Tags
32gb sd for n810, n810 sd memory mod, tilt sensor add on