Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
There is a lot of work in many Fremantle projects these days and the updates icon is blinking almost every morning. Cool!

eCoach is getting in really good shape. GPS works and the new UI is just great: full screen map with your trace as you sweat. Tapping the screen brings some buttons. Everything quite elegant (even the settings). If there is a way to upload your data to the SportsTracker website then this will be fun-tastic.

OMWeather is revamping the UI and the first steps are already quite cool (and yes, finger friendly). You can set a station based on your GPS location and it works. Portrait mode works as well.

As said in the Accelerometers thread, Numptyphysics seems to be progressing as well with radical UI progress.

OMWeather. Mauku and GPodder are in that state where they ar basically functional and waiting for real testing with real feedback from real users with real devices.

FBReader is sadly in the same place it was months ago, unable to install due to a conflict dependency.

liqbase hasn't shown up as such in extras-devel but apparently the developers are working hard implementing the new backend and putting the single apps on top.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
Originally Posted by qgil View Post

liqbase hasn't shown up as such in extras-devel but apparently the developers are working hard implementing the new backend and putting the single apps on top.
yes, I have been working hard with zach and the others in #liqbase to ensure libliqbase is capable of developing stand alone applications as well as my project. (standalone applications are built and capable of running directly within the playground, but they are just as happy being run on their own)

zach has been finishing up his gsoc work and has put together a tutorial and installation guide for creating liq* applications. http://blog.zachhabersang.com/?p=187

libliqbase is updated on a regular basis, and the library is getting stronger and stronger every day. I have pushed about 5 updates this week alone for numerous tweaks and improvements.

specifically regarding the playground, I'm having a bit of trouble getting my (rather full) database working to the speed we have have come to expect, which is more annoying to myself because I can see the target. Once this annoyance is removed, I will repush

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lcuk For This Useful Post:
FBReader is sadly in the same place it was months ago, unable to install due to a conflict dependency.
I just uploaded the missing library (fribidi) from sdk repo to extras-devel. Hopefully it works now.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mikkov For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Ys, FBReader now installs. Seems to be directly a Diablo port, with no Fremantle UI at all. Thin scrollbar at the right, stylus menus, stylus icons... Portrait mode is still manual, as it is full screen mode. Closing the app generates a crash. Not sure about scrolling and functionality with real books, as I haven't tested. Not quite ready for extras-testing, it seems.

btw, there was that discussion about FB reader being totally unusable in Maemo 5 because of whatever especulations about the next device. Can you point me to a doc that you think should be problematic to read with a Maemo 5 device? I'll give you my first impression. Much better if you do this in a new thread specific to FBReader in Fremantle. Thanks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
btw, there was that discussion about FB reader being totally unusable in Maemo 5 because of whatever especulations about the next device. Can you point me to a doc that you think should be problematic to read with a Maemo 5 device? I'll give you my first impression. Much better if you do this in a new thread specific to FBReader in Fremantle. Thanks!
Just out of curiosity.... I have the problem of performance testing for pyqtoreader (you know, my qt based fbreader wannabee ). Is there like an official 'program' or way to request impressions on an actual device ? I mean, I can chuck things into extras-devel and yell here on the forums, but there must be a better way... Or did I just not pay enough attention on how Fremantle class device tests should work ?

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Is there like an official 'program' or way to request impressions on an actual device?
In either this thread, or Time to start pushing packages to extras-testing? Quim proposed that any author who wanted something appraised should create a new thread in maemo.org > Talk > OS / Platform > Maemo 5 / Fremantle entitled "MyApp for Fremantle", preferably with SDK screenshots (for those of us who are just looking at the development longingly) and perhaps a link to the package page.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:

Tags
developers, fremantle