Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Nothing new, just amazing on my investment - the Nokia 770!

I have 50G music on my living room PC and hooked up with a rack stereo. And I also have a PC hooked up to another rack stereo in my bedroom and I am lying in bed and too lazy to get up to deal with the stereo and I dont want to duplicate the 50G music on the 2nd PC to waste disk space.

I lie in bed, using my wonderful 770, VNC into my bedroom PC. From my bedroom PC then rdesktop to my living room PC to assess my 50G music. It is so seamlessly that I just cannot help but marvel with the Elvis hit, "The Wonder of You".

BTW, just for fun, thru the living room PC, which is now 770 VNC bedroom PC rdesktop to livingroom PC, I further VNC back to a notebook next to me, to copy URLs among the 3 PCs, it is kind of cumblesome and slow, but hey, it still works. I am thinking, would the whole thing crash if I VNC back to my 770, would it NOT ?

Oh sure, I can do things one at a time, but just kind of fun to see the it may be able to chase it own tail!

coming weekend, I will jot down more details..... "The Wonder Of You"

It does not count without pic, here they are, see the rdesktop and VNCviewer box on the same screen from my tiny but powerful 770!

Edit: step by step guide on thread #14

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2009-12-09 at 05:49.

When I'm done with playing, I just kind of closing down the windows, everything ran fine, except the winVista, it crashed, HA! the maemo, winXP, winMCE ran well, win Vista came to its knee. Yike!

I ended up getting out of bed to reboot the dumb Vista

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2009-11-26 at 05:26.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 678 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Jose CA
You are crazy !

The Following User Says Thank You to nhanquy For This Useful Post:
One of these days i will learn command line and get vnc on my N800.

The Following User Says Thank You to 68Guns For This Useful Post:
Just cause the n900 is coming out doesn't mean any of the older tablets are now useless. Plenty of things you can still use them for around the home.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by 68Guns View Post
One of these days i will learn command line and get vnc on my N800.
Oh no. You do not need command line command to do VNC, step by step instruction. Post if question.

@Laughing Man: You read the subtle message. I guess the message is NOT that subtle then. Lets go out and have a beer

And I forget to make it clear on the 1st posting, the maemo/770 has NOT hiccup whatsoever during the whole 'tail chasing' exercise, no hanging, no wifi dropping, absolutely no nothing. I just cannot stop marvel at this little tablet, even comes with a 4.1 inch screen!

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2009-11-26 at 05:20.

NC, USA being North Carolina?

Haha if your in the Charlotte (though Charlotte is big) I am there two weeks of the year.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Keepin it old school!! Kudos

Where do you place the password on VNC? When i open it up there is only a box for the vnc server number?

Originally Posted by 68Guns View Post
Where do you place the password on VNC? When i open it up there is only a box for the vnc server number?
You will be prompted for the password only if the vnc server has been setup to allow authenticated connections.

From the steps above to set it up.
see step 4 (on VNC server)
4. On your PC, right click the Ultra VNC icon in the menu bar and select Admin Properties. In the Authentication area, enter a password.

Tags
port forward, pyrdesktop, rdesktop, vnc