If you're suffering from post-purchase dissonance already then maybe this phone is not for you.

If you're worried about the general lack of apps you can always explore your N900 more. Take VBA for example, behind the emulator lays a million possibilities.

Posts: 297 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ new jersey, usa
Originally Posted by Bec View Post
I just bought a new bottle of OrangeJuice, do you think I should keep it until CarrotJuice comes out and replace it?

Need help ASAP!
PLZ respond quickly!

I'm quite thirsty
hilarious stuff man. keep em comming.

Posts: 219 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Oh man, the new iSlate or iTablet or whatever is coming. I've no idea about its features, but I'm gonna get it, since it's made Apple. Also it bugs me as hell, that I'm not able to pre-order iPhone 4G. Apple really should make pre-orders possible before even announcing new devices.

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ space coast
The guy has real concerns, there are many people around the world who don't have the capabilities that some of you forumites apparantly have.

i don't think smart a** replies or put-downs are the answer. i guess that's just me.

I love my N900 and i'm a user as well as the OP. Please don't tell me because I just want to use and enjoy my phone with a modicum of security and longevity that i have to get anotherone.

Less people means Less Apps Less Support for Everyone.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to malabar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 91 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ UAE/Dubai/Burj Khalifa
Hey man,

Before you buy ANYTHING you MUST do your home work about it first!!!

(reading reviews, forums, asking, ...etc) that what i always do

So you dont feel any regrets after buying it

Because b#%$^ing later is very very annoying...

Its time to stop posting!!!!!
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/1646/stopposting.jpg

The Following User Says Thank You to Ahmed360 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Buy whatever you feel looks and works better to you. No need to ask us.
(This is a genuine advice. We will all buy something better when available)

Usually if you fell the need to ask the answer would be yes

If the 4g will do something you need and the n900 doesn't do that go for it.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
iphone 4G is rumoured to be getting a decent 5MP camera, next year the 5G will introduce a decent flash to use it

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Dear white_ranger

Basically it comes down to this:

(1) You bought the n900 - what do you do with it next?
I'll say "use the Downloads link" on this site and look as the apps"

(2) You bought the n900 - you now suffer "buyers remorse" - you regret buying it
I'll say "return the n900 where you bought it from and get a refund"

(3) You bought the n900 - you want loads of apps to play with
I'll say "buy and iPhone - it's the market leader of app volume"

(4) You bought the n900 - you want to know what this smartphone business is all about?
I'll say "google stuff, search these forums and post questions - we will help you"

(5) You may / may not have an n900 - you are probably trolling
I'll say "Are you this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5tWT6I1GvY" (pay attention to 1:09 - will that be new iPhone?)

If you are not (5) then please accept my sincere apologies and do not mean to cause offence.

If you have genuine questions please let us know we genuinely want to help.

The Following User Says Thank You to johnel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 308 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ UK Swindon
Originally Posted by malabar View Post
The guy has real concerns, there are many people around the world who don't have the capabilities that some of you forumites apparantly have.

i don't think smart a** replies or put-downs are the answer. i guess that's just me.

I love my N900 and i'm a user as well as the OP. Please don't tell me because I just want to use and enjoy my phone with a modicum of security and longevity that i have to get anotherone.

Less people means Less Apps Less Support for Everyone.

I agree - too many sarcastic smart arses on here. Obviously the guy is having second thoughts about the N900. I think theres quite a few on here that went through post purchase depression. Funnily enough I also suffer it when I buy a different car

If you are consider an iPhone whatever its called (or will be called), you might wanna try checking out the iPhone forums as all you will receive on here is a kicking or a cut you down comment - quite pathetic I know.

However as the iPhone isn't out yet, why not try to get the best out of the N900 by using some of the new apps and even try testing some of the latest stuff coming through - theres plenty of info around how to reflash etc in case you bugger it up.

The N900 is new so expect a few niggles. TBH this phone is one of the best for problem free functionality so far from nokia. Its does most of what it says on the tin and fixes are dribbling through. It remains to be seen how much attention Nokia give to this but now its on Ovi i doubt very much that they will abandon it. Thats just stupid talk.

I would recommend learning more and playing with it - maybe even join an iPhoney forum. This lot won't be pleasant if you ask about it on here. Its a NOKIA forum dude - not Apple! lol

I love the phone now and can really see the benefits of it in future and the power that it can offer me. I am not a dev either. Just a user that wants the best. And I believe I have it with the N900.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bonerp For This Useful Post:

Tags
dumb and dumber, this is so sad