Notices

Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
hey Fatal - might want to go over some stuff with the GUI with you. I got one fully completed in Qt, runs great when I run it in Linux - when I put it on the N900 it looks very messed up. Any advice would be much appreciated.
I'm doing everything in the SDK within a VM. Mine looks fine in the Xephyr mockup N900 that it runs.

I would be more than willing to take a look at what you got and see if I notice anything. One thing I made sure when designing my QT interface was to group all the different buttons and interfaces in separate "align vertically/horizontally" as they were supposed to look, and then did an align to grid against the background. That way when the window is resized, it either expands/retracts/keeps the items according to their properties and in their respective places.

Also, I used quite a few spacers too.

ETA: The *only* thing mine doesn't have right now is the username/password part. Everything else is working. Once I figure out how to popup a box for username/password I should be pretty good. (and capture the "username:" output from pianobar.. since it's not a newline.)
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
I'm doing everything in the SDK within a VM. Mine looks fine in the Xephyr mockup N900 that it runs.

I would be more than willing to take a look at what you got and see if I notice anything. One thing I made sure when designing my QT interface was to group all the different buttons and interfaces in separate "align vertically/horizontally" as they were supposed to look, and then did an align to grid against the background. That way when the window is resized, it either expands/retracts/keeps the items according to their properties and in their respective places.

Also, I used quite a few spacers too.

ETA: The *only* thing mine doesn't have right now is the username/password part. Everything else is working. Once I figure out how to popup a box for username/password I should be pretty good. (and capture the "username:" output from pianobar.. since it's not a newline.)
Lord - you made your version user friendly . Mine assumes they have added their username and password to the config
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Lord - you made your version user friendly . Mine assumes they have added their username and password to the config
Yeah, mine works perfectly as is if you do that. It is an exact copy of the image in the other thread, just without the gradient for the station list. Double clicking a station, the program keeps track if it's playing a song already or not, and if it's not will simply send the station number (it assumes you're at a station select window if its not playing something) - if it is playing it will sent the "s" first, then the station number.

Works quite nicely . Now I just need the username/pass, and I also want the Last.fm user/pass as well because I think that is an *awesome* feature of pianobar that no other pandora radio client has.

Yeah, mine works perfectly as is if you do that. It is an exact copy of the image in the other thread, just without the gradient for the station list. Double clicking a station, the program keeps track if it's playing a song already or not, and if it's not will simply send the station number (it assumes you're at a station select window if its not playing something) - if it is playing it will sent the "s" first, then the station number.

Works quite nicely . Now I just need the username/pass, and I also want the Last.fm user/pass as well because I think that is an *awesome* feature of pianobar that no other pandora radio client has.
Yeah mine looks like the mockup except I used a dropdown menu instead of a list widget. The station change was a little tricky I found. Got it working but took some tweaking. I may PM you a URL to some code in a while. It that would be ok.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Yeah mine looks like the mockup except I used a dropdown menu instead of a list widget. The station change was a little tricky I found. Got it working but took some tweaking. I may PM you a URL to some code in a while. It that would be ok.
Yup.. I plan to be up for a while.

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New York, NY
Unfortunately I don't see libao0 anywhere. libmad0 is there but no libao0. I checked the SDK, extras, and extras-devel repositories. There's a few older chinook files in non-standard repositories on gronmeyer buttttt I wouldn't require anyone to enable stuff like that just for a package . Sorry man. I'll look more after I'm done with the pyQt4 interface.
Oh, well, thanks for checking. When you do get a chance to look at that, let us know if you manage to get it working, as this would be a big plus for N800 users also. Thanks!

Btw, as far as scrobbling to last.fm from pandora, there actually is 1 application that can do it. OpenPandora, a Windows-based pandora client, can do it. Of course, that doesn't run on anybody's Nxx0.

Originally Posted by caimanjosh View Post
Btw, as far as scrobbling to last.fm from pandora, there actually is 1 application that can do it. OpenPandora, a Windows-based pandora client, can do it. Of course, that doesn't run on anybody's Nxx0.
Or any Android or iPhone . Does it run on any winmo??

I believe the N900 is now the only mobile device with a pandora client that offers this. And, all of the official pandora clients stop you from skipping after 6 songs per hour (which you can get around by stopping and restarting that station) - but pianobar does not seem to suffer from that.

Originally Posted by caimanjosh View Post
Oh, well, thanks for checking. When you do get a chance to look at that, let us know if you manage to get it working, as this would be a big plus for N800 users also. Thanks!

Don't say I never gave ya nothing . (N900 users do NOT follow this)

Step 1
Code:
apt-get install libmad0
Step 2
Download and install libao2 (need to use dpkg -i from command line as root)

Step 2a
Use your favorite editor to edit /etc/libao.conf and change the "default_driver=alsa" to "default_driver=esd"

Step 3
Download and Install pianobar

Step 4 stream pandora.
Code:
pianobar
Let me know if you run into problems. I won't be uploading the diablo ones to extras though.

Last edited by fatalsaint; 2010-04-22 at 00:44.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
in addition to the above.. if you download the pypianobar deb file.. it will work as well to give you a GUI for your N8x0. Just navigate to the latest versions direct DEB file.

The sound on my N810.. I'm not sure if it's pianobar/libao2 from above or what.. but it's sometimes pretty .. bumpy. Not sure if it's just mine though.

Last edited by fatalsaint; 2010-02-06 at 22:19.

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New York, NY
Thanks, fatalsaint. I gave this a try just now (as soon as I saw your post; this is pretty exciting). I was able to install libmad0 after rooting my tablet, but as soon as I tried to install libao2 (I downloaded from the link you posted, then application manager loaded and tried to install), it gave me an error:

"Unable to install libao2. Incompatible application package."

I'm running the latest release of OS2008 on my N800. Do you have any ideas on what I might try to get that package to install?

Thanks again for your efforts on this!