Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Czerwionka, Poland
Really interesting app. Good work.
It's particulary useful in situations when autofocus is not able to gain focus, although it should be possible. Happened to me few times. I try to take picture, autofocus kicks in, picture is clear for a moment, but in the end it's blurry.

@m2cm2c Would it be possible for you to show widget in status menu only when camera app is running (like Flashlight does) ?

The Following User Says Thank You to tomaszf For This Useful Post:
If you try to change the focus of the camera while the shutter is closed, a jarring sound comes from the lens assembly.

could the script be updated so that the options of lfocus only shows up if the camera is active?

The Following User Says Thank You to di1in For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by m2cm2c View Post
open up this thread from your phone and download the latest
package and remember where you saved the package to

open up your file manager and open up the package from there and you'll start the installation process.

the widget is to control the camera from the touch screen for now.
but to use the keyboard shortcuts you still need to open up the icon in the apps menu.

I might add an option to toggle the keyboard shortcuts from the widget in the future.
Am I doing some thing wrong? I have downloaded it, found it using file manager then can't open it? Please help as have followed this and think this is a great demonstration of the brilliance of the open source that is the n900 and maemo!

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 240 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ The South Pole O.o
Originally Posted by radiosw View Post
Am I doing some thing wrong? I have downloaded it, found it using file manager then can't open it? Please help as have followed this and think this is a great demonstration of the brilliance of the open source that is the n900 and maemo!
I'm not sure why this is happening, the installation runs fine on my phone, does this happen with all the packages or only the latest one ?

for now try to follow these steps please:

Originally Posted by di1in View Post
open xterm and type: (u will need to have installed rootsh)
sudo gainroot

go to the folder location through xtern using 'cd'.

once you get to the containing folder type:
dpkg -i lfocus
and press tab on-screen to complete the file name. hit enter to install.

The Following User Says Thank You to m2cm2c For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
I noticed another bug today, when you enable and disable the keyboard feature often then it is possible that the keyboard layout stucks in the US one. I got a N900 with a German QWERTZ keyboard and noticed that it get set to QWERTY when I enable the plugin.

That is actually no big deal but it gets annoying when the keyboard stays as US one, disabling the app doesn't helps then. The only way to solve it is to set the keyboard to a different language and back to the original one again.

@Radiosw: So far the issues which I saw in this topic are totally normal for alpha / beta software, if you dont like it then wait a while till there will be a stable release.

Last edited by Crogge; 2010-03-08 at 19:52.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crogge For This Useful Post:
Posts: 100 | Thanked: 240 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ The South Pole O.o
Originally Posted by Crogge View Post
I noticed another bug today, when you enable and disable the keyboard feature often then it is possible that the keyboard layout stucks in the US one. I got a N900 with a German QWERTZ keyboard and noticed that it get set to QWERTY when I enable the plugin.

That is actually no big deal but it gets annoying when the keyboard stays as US one, disabling the app doesn't helps then. The only way to solve it is to set the keyboard to a different language and back to the original one again.
hey
I really appreciate your input man, I'll see what I can do about your problem, also I'm working on removing the icons when the camera cover is closed, and "maybe" a way to disable auto focus

guys, im new in N900, can anyone tell me how to install this script, step by step please, and how to start, it would be apprecciated to help me with this issue, cause i didnt understand how to install it, thankd

Seems to work well. I'll probably forget about it when I will actually have a need for it. But it's installed and staying so. Thank you.

Originally Posted by boss007 View Post
guys, im new in N900, can anyone tell me how to install this script, step by step please, and how to start, it would be apprecciated to help me with this issue, cause i didnt understand how to install it, thankd
Could you please tell us what is your firmware version?

are you going to make this as a status bar widget? im not good with this scrip and command line stuff. im all new to this. So when can we expect a status bar widget or some sort of a widget?

Tags
lfocus