I love Maemo5, but I would like to have a working Android port too.

What about we donate to dj_steve to incentivate him at his work? He's putting his effort to help us, let's help him back.

As I can't help him mentally or brain-wise, I would like contribute monetary-wise.

Please send us your paypal, or a specific paypal for this project.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ivnvir For This Useful Post:
Posts: 433 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ U.K

The Following User Says Thank You to Tiboric For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Huh, I think Maemo is vastly superior to Android in every possible way.

The Following User Says Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 204 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
Huh, I think Maemo is vastly superior to Android in every possible way.
You think that, well okay a lot of people think the exact oposite.

Looking at the facts, Maemo is a much more advance OS, but android is simpler and has WAY more applications.

If Maemo is good enough for you, if it is what you prefere, well thats what linux is all about. And to respect that, please dont bash another distro that is way better for the main stream of people.

what im saying is, please crawl back to your corner and resume looking into the walls

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Siggen For This Useful Post:
I'd love to try arnoid on my n900 . .

Originally Posted by Siggen View Post
what im saying is, please crawl back to your corner and resume looking into the walls

Exactly, Why complain when everyone is aiming for a DUAL boot setup in the User release.

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
Originally Posted by andrew_85 View Post
I'd love to try arnoid on my n900 . .
Well a new developer rig for dj_steve would certainly help him, he is only able to program on an old AMD system that is way out of date. (I dont remember exactly but i seme to remember like two day build time for NITdroid on his current rig)

He has all ready has the opportunity to get two quad cores where each of the cores in it self is an upgrade from the previous, and he has the opportunity get ram with the bundle too, the only thing he needs to acquire this is a dual socket s771 mother board which is about 150 punds and a guy is willing to send him those two CPUs and the RAM.

dj_steve cannot afford 150 punds on hardware upgrade, but if 15 people chipped in 10 punds, or even 10 people chipped in 15 punds, or even 10 people chipped in 10 punds he would appreciate it (think about it, 50 pounds for him to get a 16 core system wow)

In dj_steves signature it says
Originally Posted by dj_steve
Please feel free to donate to my work - GBP Donate(£)/USD($) Donate

Last edited by Siggen; 2010-05-21 at 21:47.

The Following User Says Thank You to Siggen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by Siggen View Post
You think that, well okay a lot of people think the exact oposite.

Looking at the facts, Maemo is a much more advance OS, but android is simpler and has WAY more applications.

If Maemo is good enough for you, if it is what you prefere, well thats what linux is all about. And to respect that, please dont bash another distro that is way better for the main stream of people.

Can I donate to you and the OP so you will delete this thread and your post.

If you are successful in raising funds for this dude (by proxy), tons of these types of threads will erupt.

Before they do may I add that most of the functions of these apps you speak of either are, or can easily be replicated on the N900.
Anything else you need might be better obtained by donating to members like querty12 or thp and making a request...

Noble effort by the OP though and good looking out for this dude... but this thread is on a board specific to Maemo and not Android. How about starting an N900 group on one of the Android boards instead.

SLN member # 009

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
He has actually proved the N900 can run Android and the workload he has contributed is massive so for me he is a milestone and should be applauded whatever people think of Linux because he has given us a new world that Nokia failed miserably up to now to do.

I've sent my donation. R$50,00 (something like $30)

EDIT: I trusted the information that steve1030uk@gmail.com is the right address, hope is not a stupid joke...