Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
when you hold down volume up or down, it changes the volume much faster and smoother than in 1.1. when the 1.1 update came out, it got really choppy and slow.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to msa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
Originally Posted by Alex Atkin UK View Post
I actually find App Manager far far faster than before.

To search you have to select the category you want then start typing on the keyboard. Search only seems to work with full words though so for example searching for "pecan" doesn't work as its listed as "(pecan)" in the title. Its still a huge improvement over before though.
Instead of clicking categories, just click ALL and start typing. That way you can find any app that is available a lot quicker than switching categories.

Originally Posted by msa View Post
when you hold down volume up or down, it changes the volume much faster and smoother than in 1.1. when the 1.1 update came out, it got really choppy and slow.
This and the ability to change the volume while the device is locked put a smile on my face today.

Originally Posted by Dante View Post
browser --> options ---> settings ---> enable rotation
Call me stupid. But where is this "browser->options"?

I thought that would be a feature for batch installing and uninstalling in app manager

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mumbai, India and Amherst, USA (Current Location)
Finally EAP-TTLS+PAP authentication for WiFi is supported. This is used in many universities worldwide.

Yay!

But you've to install an app called "wlan tool" to enable the EAP-PAP authentication because this functionality in PR 1.2 is hidden.

Now I can browse super fast in my University

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to resplendent2209 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rmerren View Post
I am getting missed call, message, and email notifications on the "slide to unlock" page (which is really useful). Is that PR1.2, or did I install an app that does that without remembering?
you possibly downloaded "mae notify" ?

Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
Does anyone else notice their n900 generally smoother?

Today switching between apps and such seemed faster, with less hiccups in animation. Also there was MUCH less hiccuping in my music as I was browsing a few websites with texts and pdf open in the background.

Another point, the pdf reader seems to open and switch pages faster, which is awesome...

Or I'm just imagining these things. Either way, I had a very good day with my N900...

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Massachusetts
Originally Posted by skomialek View Post
one more thing about camera app that I haven't seen before - video resolution setting (high 16:9, medium 4:3 and low 4:3)
Actually I've seen this before the PR 1.2 except the only options were Widescreen 20-something frames per sec. and 4:3 with 60 fps or something like that. But I did not see that low 4:3. Also they must've changed the titles too and added: High, Medium, Low.

Application Manager is booting up quick now that I restarted the device. It just takes a bit to refresh the catalog or check for update, but I guess that's normal. It lags a bit after it finishes checking for update or finishes installing an app and shows that refreshing animation icon thing where the Application manager title is. I keep tapping exit but it takes a few taps before it completely closes. It's just not as "snappy" as I'd like it to be but I guess it's because it's closing connections and writing to the log (background stuff).

Let's see what other things.. oh yeah I tried to portrait mode. it's pretty neat. I just had to enable it in the options > setting > enable rotation.

The on-screen keyboard is well done. It's weird where the backspace key is placed though after being so used to using the physical slide-out QWERTY keyboard. It should be located at the most top-right like the QWERTY keyboard. Is there any way we can modified the keys ourselves?

// Roth

Originally Posted by msa View Post
Nice, same with browser zooming.