Notices

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Long Island, New York
Beautiful.

This may sound like a newbie question but thats because Im relatively new to the linux scene....im a symbian guy...but anyway, how do i go about "activating" the triggers in the script?

Simply running the following code isn't sufficient?
Code:
sqlite3 -batch /home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger/el.db < triggers.txt

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 78 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany
yes thats sufficient.
copy the triggers.txt over to your device, open a terminal and navigate to the folder where the triggers.txt is, for example
Code:
cd MyDocs
then run
Code:
sqlite3 -batch /home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger/el.db < triggers.txt
this line adds the triggers to the database (if the triggers already exist because of a previous version, the previous version is deleted first).
the triggers are stored persistently in the database and survive a reboot, of course…
you can also delete the triggers.txt after that, if you want.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hcm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Long Island, New York
good deal... thank u very much

hi there and thanks
but here's a noob question (the id says it all) where do I save the trigger to have access to it in x-terminal? it's in Documents now but can't get to it
THANKS

Last edited by newbe; 2010-05-14 at 09:00. Reason: typo

The folder "Documents" in the Filemanager is actually /home/user/MyDocs/.documents in the filesystem.
You can get there by typing
Code:
cd /home/user/MyDocs/.documents
in xterm. A simple "ls" will show you the files in your current directory, so you can verify its actually there.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hcm For This Useful Post:
Hi, is this working after PR1.2?
I now have el-v1.db instead of el.db, and applied the triggers there. But I'm still getting no end_time.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by agi666 View Post
Hi, is this working after PR1.2?
I now have el-v1.db instead of el.db, and applied the triggers there. But I'm still getting no end_time.

Thanks.
this is not needed anymore with PR1.2. I don't know if it might even be harmful now.
What do you mean by "I'm still getting no end_time"? Did you check the database? AFAIK there are no GUI-Application which actually use the field end_time.

Originally Posted by hcm View Post
this is not needed anymore with PR1.2. I don't know if it might even be harmful now.
What do you mean by "I'm still getting no end_time"? Did you check the database? AFAIK there are no GUI-Application which actually use the field end_time.

Hi, my end_time is still showing 1970-01-01 on outgoing calls, but I found that it is being correctly updated on incoming calls! So, with PR1.2 should I remove these triggers?
Thanks for your help,

Alberto

sorry, you're right, it's only correctly set for incoming calls.
I'll try to examine that further, I'll let you know when I find out more…

The Following User Says Thank You to hcm For This Useful Post:
ok my last post was incorrect, PR1.2 did not change anything with respect to end_time (i.e. end_time is still not saved).
But PR1.2 changed the structure of the database, and that's why only the triggers for incoming calls were working correctly.
Apparently, the triggers are even saved in a backup, and thus survived my reflashing and backup-restoring.

Anyway, here are the new triggers which should work for PR1.2.

EDIT: the name of the database has changed, so the command to import the triggers is now
Code:
sqlite3 -batch /home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger/el-v1.db < triggers.txt
Attached Files
File Type: txt triggers.txt (1.9 KB, 1420 views)

Last edited by hcm; 2010-06-16 at 13:20.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to hcm For This Useful Post: