Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by tuliobaars View Post
HEY THERE!

In DiabloTurbo (Soony look at DiabloTurbo thread --- Not published yet --- ) we could use a correction in Kernel to disable auto-reboot in sys-usr-files when gets a error. Of course, without getting R&D mode.
What is DiabloTurbo?

Edit: I did find this reference if it's the same: https://garage.maemo.org/projects/diabloturbo/

Is this something that is released/ready to be tested and/or have some more info about what it does?

Edit II: Sorry for thread-hijack, feel free to PM me instead of replying in this thread in order to keep it clean
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Last edited by silvermountain; 2010-07-18 at 22:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:
I too would like more information about DiabloTurbo.

Not to thread jack but reading previous entries, it seems that the .debs from the first post are causing the reboot loop on the N800.

Does that mean the .deb posted on Post 10 works fine?

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Brazil
Yeah! This is my Garage page. As the project isn't published yet, i have no Downloads yet. I promiss that soonly we will have DiabloTurbo in our Tablets....

How about create a Thread about DiabloTurbo? I would like receive some suggestions... maybe a GUI.... would be cool. So, it is just a script right now. And no, it doesn't create a rebbot loop as it solves this problem. I really would like to know if is there a way to simply execute the script without chmodind it.

For now, just working on it! And I say: If I create a Thread, please help keeping it alive!

Best Regards!

I was born intelligent
education ruined me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tuliobaars For This Useful Post:
Posts: 355 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
I think DiabloTurbo deserves personal thread, simply because there is already the critical mass of off-topic in this thread

Jaygo333
If reboot loop is caused by segfaults in launcher, i don't think that debs from #1 and #10 are different. So, i think you'd better to wait until angun33 released the bugfix

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Ok, I've updated the package on the first post. I'm still not sure what cause the reboot loop. On this new package I've fixed what mitrandir reported. I just hope that is what causing it.

I've also change on how the launcher is started. It no longer started as a system service, which may be the cause of the reboot loop as qwerty12 said. It's now started when the applet is pressed the first time by DBus.

So by changing on how the Launcher started, I hope people not experiencing a reboot loop if it seg faulted. But instead only a not working applet.

Please let me know how you go. If you now have an applet that does nothing try opening a terminal and run:

Code:
/usr/bin/launcher
and copy paste what it print on the terminal here.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to angun33 For This Useful Post:
Installed new .deb. No Reboot loops! Very neat, I like it.

The Following User Says Thank You to cstryon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
ah, the perils of experimental software.

when i tried to install the launcher-navigator package, it left me with a odd issue.

first off, while it was installed i had 4 buttons rather then 3 on the sidebar. One of whom had no icon to indicate its presence. This btw ended up displacing any kind of launcher icon out of reach tho thankfully i still had access to personal launcher and therefor xterm. Then when i uninstalled launcher (btw, it was called only launcher in app manager. Not launcher-navigator as one would expect) i am left with a uncheckable "applications" in the "panels" dialog, tho it still shows up in the sidebar, displacing the bottom most button of the 3 selected in the panels dialog (as said dialog refuses to accept a ok unless 3 are selected).

it have yet to restart my n800 since the install tho.

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
I installed the first version without issue. The updated one on he other hand...

Although the item is available in Control Panel, panels, it is unselectable. But nothing is visable in the status bar.

here is the output from running /usr/bin/launcher in terminal

~ $ /usr/bin/launcher
Reading application menu
recreate buffer pixmap

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

Last edited by gazza_d; 2010-07-19 at 17:34.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
tried a reboot, no change.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Brasil / Curitiba
Hi

I install launcher_0.1.1_armel.deb, and works fine in my n810...
tks a lot
n810