Notices

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
It's slow? in my computer i isn't and i didn't knew that in n900 (or in the sdk) was :/ (or i misunderstood something in what you said :S).

So for now the only thing that misses is the main menu in 800x480? i mean, the battle and castle views are ok now?

The Following User Says Thank You to SSLMM For This Useful Post:
Posts: 67 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by SSLMM View Post
It's slow? in my computer i isn't and i didn't knew that in n900 (or in the sdk) was :/ (or i misunderstood something in what you said :S).
no, it's damn slow if I run it in windowed mode, so I didn't think about publishing it that way.

Originally Posted by SSLMM View Post
So for now the only thing that misses is the main menu in 800x480? i mean, the battle and castle views are ok now?
Correct, and I found a workaround for the fullscreen crash. I'm gonna try it on my N900 and if it works , I'll upload the .debs...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 0x47 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by 0x47 View Post

Correct, and I found a workaround for the fullscreen crash. I'm gonna try it on my N900 and if it works , I'll upload the .debs...
Uhh nice. Good luck then

We will be wainting :P

It's there, metapackage called VCMI (Application Manager), please use this one. (Others are vcmi-bin and vcmi-data). You only need to add the retail disk data*, all VCMI data is included.

EDIT: * data goes to /opt/vcmi/

Last edited by 0x47; 2010-08-21 at 19:53.

It's there, metapackage called VCMI (Application Manager), please use this one. (Others are vcmi-bin and vcmi-data). You only need to add the retail disk data*, all VCMI data is included.

EDIT: * data goes to /opt/vcmi/

Sorry but is where exactly?

EDIT: oh, i've readed again . its already on the aplication manager? nice going to check

Last edited by SSLMM; 2010-08-21 at 20:03.

http://maemo.org/packages/source/vie...n1767-0maemo1/

Because of my awesome slow internet connection I could not check the Application Manager myself (still updating). Isn't it there?

EDIT: It's in the repo, section "Games", name "VCMI Heroes 3". Just tried and it works.

Last edited by 0x47; 2010-08-21 at 20:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to 0x47 For This Useful Post:
http://maemo.org/packages/source/vie...n1767-0maemo1/

Because of my awesome slow internet connection I could not check the Application Manager myself (still updating). Isn't it there?

EDIT: It's in the repo, section "Games", name "VCMI Heroes 3". Just tried and it works.
Yeah i also saw that it is there and i've downloaded.

Just one question (for now): wich folders should we put on the opt/vcmi folder? vcmi requires the Wake of the gods data (i dont like that "expansion" but ok). So, what are the exact "data" that we should put there?

Wait, I messed up the package. Fix is about to be ready... The binaries are missing...

You don't need to copy anything except 4 files:

/Data/H3bitmap.lod
/Data/H3sprite.lod
/Data/Heroes3.snd
/Data/VIDEO.VID

from your H3 Windows installation. All other files (WOG, VCMI) are already in the repository and automatically installed. (Not now, but after my fix)

Sorry for the confusion.

Wait, I messed up the package. Fix is about to be ready... The binaries are missing...

You don't need to copy anything except 4 files:

/Data/H3bitmap.lod
/Data/H3sprite.lod
/Data/Heroes3.snd
/Data/VIDEO.VID

from your H3 Windows installation. All other files (WOG, VCMI) are already in the repository and automatically installed. (Not now, but after my fix)

Sorry for the confusion.
Lol no problem so the fix is going to take how much time? (sorry for being a pain in the *** :/ )

Apparently the fix brought new issues. I'm trying to solve the libsdl-mixer1.2 dependency issue. If I can't get it to run with the current build I'll have to continue tomorrow (removing the need of libsdl-mixer version 1.2.8).

EDIT: See https://garage.maemo.org/pipermail/e...st/026800.html

Sorry, the second try failed too, I have to leave now, I'll continue tomorrow with the removal of the Mix_Chunk thing. Sorry again, for making you curious.

EDIT2: I don't know what timezone you live in, but if I'm not to tired I'll continue after I came back (something like 3-4 hours). It's 11:30pm over here...

Last edited by 0x47; 2010-08-21 at 21:36.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 0x47 For This Useful Post:

Tags
fheroes2, homm