Hello, I just paid the 40 dollars through Amazon from the Neopwn 'store' page.

I was wondering when the email with the download info, etc. was supposed to be delivered?

How long did it take for everyone else to get that email?

Thanks for your response,

Tony_Almeida

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Well, everyone else who bought the beta that's said anything here bought it before the beta release date, so they all got the links a few days ago. I'm not sure how much the person running the NeoPwn v2 project is paying attention, so he may not get around to sending you links for a while.

But, basic answer: We don't know, because everyone else paid in advance of the 'release' date, so how quickly they got their links/emails doesn't necessarily reflect how quickly you'll get yours.

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ behind your firewall
Originally Posted by tony_almeida View Post
Hello, I just paid the 40 dollars through Amazon from the Neopwn 'store' page.

I was wondering when the email with the download info, etc. was supposed to be delivered?

How long did it take for everyone else to get that email?

Thanks for your response,

Tony_Almeida
i've got mine after 24 hours after paying it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to percypogi For This Useful Post:
I would go with the 24 hr answer but I received my email after ordering this morning about 6-7 hrs later.

The Following User Says Thank You to xopher For This Useful Post:
Posts: 293 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germnay
I got a email about 30 min. later
Where do i get python2.5-sip4w from ? when i make apt-get install it says not found ?

K, found out i get python2.5-sip4. Was that a typo i the mail ?

Last edited by OptX; 2010-09-03 at 01:21. Reason: solution

The Following User Says Thank You to OptX For This Useful Post:
Has anyone ran into an issue with programs starting to load and then just exiting? I've installed all the packages listed in the e-mail. I've double checked to make sure the file system extracted correctly as well.

Posts: 243 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Knowhere
Surprising number of new accounts on this thread - are there really N900 owners out there who have just been waiting for Neopwn to be released until they register?

http://wiki.maemo.org/Frequently_asked_questions
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_N900
http://wiki.maemo.org/N900

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germnay
W00t download kinda sucks ... this is my 4th try. Got always stuck @ 40%. Now im @ 84

Originally Posted by hawaii View Post
His (and others) builds have yanked the sources from mainstream wl12xx which is maintained by Kalle Valo. From Nokia. I talked with Kalle when he was actively developing wl1251, and he had it VERY low on his list of priorities.

Our wl12xx driver already uses the mac80211 stack. The Android driver did not. RFMON always worked on the downstream wl1251 driver - it just wasn't clean or stable. David / lxp fixed that, fixed channel camping and also created the injection patch that's incorporated in NeoPwn.

I am fairly certain that the Hero built modules (which were done back in 2009) do not incorporate any patches that remove the BSSID association for clear-to-send which is one requirement, among many, for live injection to work.

I'm no longer taking sides. Pay the $40 or wait until it goes live - whenever that might be.
yeah you are 100% right, the idea was to compile the compat wireless wl12xx modules for android to get RFMON working, which it does. The BSSID association limitation is obviously still there, as I did no patching, as far as I remember (well 2009) I never claimed that injection is working only RFMON, and if, never that it does work for other APs and not only the associated one.

just my 2 cents.

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Metasploit console crashed before loading?