chuck decided to release a PR 1.3 but chuck dont want it to be efficient

Posts: 230 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by stefan-78 View Post
hi everyone .some news on the state of the n900 from the head of marketing at nokia sweden. klas ström

Anders: Hallå! är ägare av en N900. Undrar lite om Nokia har övergett den totalt. Vad hände med det (nästan utlovade) fulla flashstödet (v.10.1)? Är en OK mobil, men fortfarande rätt så buggig i min mening. Nån firmwareuppdatering på gång? Tacksam för frågeteckensuträtning...

Nokia: Hej Anders, Givetvis inte, det ligger en mjukvaru uppdatering planerad inom kort till N900. Vad den innehåller kan vi inte gå in på nu. -Klas

this is a response to a readers question in the swedish magazine mobil weekly chat. In short it say that nokia is about to release a software update to the n900 in the near future.
if anyone is interested you can always use google translator to read all of the chat

http://www.mobil.se/nyheter/Lasarna-...-1.371269.html
Intressant.

Posts: 383 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
translated the relevant bits

Anders: Hey! is the owner of a N900. I wonder a bit about Nokia has abandoned the total. What happened to the (almost promised) full flash support (v10.1)? Is an OK phone, but still pretty buggy in my opinion. Someone firmware update going on? Grateful for frågeteckensuträtning ...
Nokia: Hi Anders, of course not, it is a software update planned soon for the N900. What it contains, we can not go into now. Claus

Teal: When can N900 voice guided navigation.
Nokia: Hi Teal, there are no plans for voice-controlled navigation of Ovi Maps for N900, but today there are third party software that supports this. Sincerely Daniel

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello, New users start here, Community subforum , Beginners'wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

The Following User Says Thank You to edgedemon For This Useful Post:
^HAHAHAHA

oh man, thread of the month for sure

if chuck really wants pr 1.3
he would have released it before N900 was ever build

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clovis86 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on May 2010 @ UK, London
Qt 4.7 has been released today.... Soooo.... Great news i guess... time to countdown for PR1.3, because I understand that qT is the main reason for an update...

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by kevinp93 View Post
Qt 4.7 has been released today.... Soooo.... Great news i guess... time to countdown for PR1.3, because I understand that qT is the main reason for an update...
I think we'll have it before Christmas

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by kevinp93 View Post
Don't forget the link to this news: Link

But I wouldn't expect it within the next weeks. Perhaps at the end of october? We will know it after the update...

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on May 2010 @ UK, London
Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
Don't forget the link to this news: Link

But I wouldn't expect it within the next weeks. Perhaps at the end of october? We will know it after the update...
End of October would be ideal, because that's when Meego is planned to be released.. So that way, Nokia can keep N900 users calm by getting us hooked onto PR1.3 while they can secretely leave maemo and do their Meego things.. But either way... it must come at some point or the other.

It will most likely contain the earlier leaked ovi store 2.0 and full support of the ovi suite.

Tags
bigbadidiot, chucknorris, jesus wept, mustread, paradise, umopapisdn