Posts: 702 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel.
Originally Posted by bret hart View Post
I was trying to install this but NITdroid does not show up in application manager even though I have the relevant repositories. I tried it through apt-get install nitdroid-installer, but it says there are unmet dependencies: bzip2 but it is not installable.
Can anyone help?
did you run an "apt-get update"? Do it again and paste the results.
| DonateMe - If you feel I helped you in a very good way, feel free to donate |

The Following User Says Thank You to eitama For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by bret hart View Post
I was trying to install this but NITdroid does not show up in application manager even though I have the relevant repositories. I tried it through apt-get install nitdroid-installer, but it says there are unmet dependencies: bzip2 but it is not installable.
Can anyone help?

You skipped/missed/did not do step 3), right?
========================================
3) download & install required extra software
Code:

apt-get install bzip2 wget
apt-get install multiboot multiboot-kernel-maemo
=========================================

No. NITdroid-installer, kernel, multiboot all these goodies will NOT show up in app manager until steps 4) and 5). I would NOT even look for this goodies not if there is any problem. Installation is thru xterm>root>nitroid, step 5)

For people that are late to the party, everything you need is on thread #1. I have editted thread #1 when new info are available. And I have followed thread #1 to make more nitdroid SD as recent as yesterday, and so far, everything you need is there. No need to browse thru 450 posts, only if you are interested.

Me? I have booted into nitdroid much often then maemo lately and it is really fun to browse android market too, over 100,000 apps.

Dont forget to thank the nitdroid developers and project keeper....

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-09-26 at 20:44.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
I ran apt-get update then apt-get install nitdroid-installer and it went fine. the installer stops while formatting ext3, so I tried (Step 1 Partition 1-3 and reboot) here:http://wiki.nitdroid.com/index.php?title=N900-install
but I am stuck again.
When I do umount /dev/mmcblk1p1, it says umount: cannot umount /dev/mmcblk1p1: invalid argument, I think this is because my memory card is not currently being detected by the device, I have had this problem before, will let you know what happens

maemo boot
xterm
root
cat /proc/partitions

you should see mmcblk1p2. If not, keep doing partition till it is there. I sometimes have to do it 2 times. I do not recall doing it 3 X though. If yes, partition is correct, ignor the umount command, proceed with xterm/root/nitdroid

bun

i wonder why i cant play racing using the accelerometer when using nitdroid 0.07..it keeps going to left no matter how i tilt my phone..please help

Posts: 298 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
Something annoys me with the installer... why so big UI? I liked it at 800x480, any way to get that back with the installer?
If its doable, i'll reinstall this. (It has bricked my phone once, i wont let it do it again.)

ya got the same problem it says fails to extract some packages ill just trying it on the weekend again or so. maybe server issue.

i tried partitioning using the method u mentioned but I am stuck again.
When I do umount /dev/mmcblk1p1, it says not found
so i tried
maemo boot
xterm
root
cat /proc/partitions
and i can find mmcblk1p2 andmmcblk1p3...i dnt know how that happend...then i try to install nitdroid as u mentioned and i get error msg for each step...something like unmet dependencies...plz helpp...

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
is DJ steve still developing nitdroid? he seems to have temporarily switched priority and as been working on getting froyo on the dell streak running.

Tags
bada rox, face coconut, face palm, nitdroid n900