okay my questions:

MAME- can someone give me a website for downloading (FREE) full games cos i cant be asked searching chd files and roms seperate, it takes the piss.

PreenV- i need help in installing applications, i tried to install NFSundercover but couldnt find the ipk files on the internet, i want to install Asphalt 5 but can you tell me if it works perfect i dont wanna play a game that doesnt work. And a web link that i can download full games.

Documents to go- i just need the registery code and activation code, i have preimuim edition PR1.3, (i keep finding codes for Blackberry not N900).

USB host- i saw on youtube people using host on N900 and i couldnt seem to get any information where to buy that micro usb converter, can you tell me where to buy it from, really do want my N900 to be a mini laptop

Sim card Bug- sometimes my phone says "no sim card inserted" when using, i reboot phone 6times and it reads sim card, i dont know why it does that, i think its a bug but i dont know.

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
regarding your first 3 questions.. sharing copyrighted material is illegal and prohibited on these forums

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cfh11 For This Useful Post:
okay, can you tell by email, feardora@hotmail.co.uk

i dont mind if you say no, thing is im a noob so i cant do some things due to lack of knowledge

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
andfor the other two theres a couple of search boxes in the top right corner, i'd suggest looking around that area...

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

i have searched but no luck either i type the wrong search but i dont know

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by CaSPeRFXX View Post
MAME
There are lots of free/opensource games for Mame. If you want a copyright game, most PC versions of MAME come with tools and instructions for how to purchase the game and extract the data you need to run it in the emulator.

PreenV
ipk files are purchased . There are one or two free opensource ipk based files out there, but they're rare. Again, there are instructions for how to take ipk games off a pre after purchasing them.

Personally, I'd love to see someone offer up an ipk for the Pre store, so people could run that in preenv and purchase pre games right on the N900.

Documents to go
Why would you want to steal this? It's not expensive, and you can buy it right from your N900 on the OVI store. They took the time and money to support this platform. If you want to use it, pay for it.

USB host
Search the h-e-n thread. There are at least 15 links in that thread alone to sites that sell various connectors.

Sim Card
Try cleaning the contacts. If it's phasing in and out, it's probably a dirty connector. Best method is to use a soft pencil eraser (the pink rubbery type). If it were a software bug it would be widely reported, and/or wouldn't work at all.

The Following User Says Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
thanks anyway

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
All of the free MAME ROMs are available on the MAME website:

http://mamedev.org/roms/

Posts: 310 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ireland
ebay sell a female to female usb adaptor for pennies. Don't get the female to micro b adaptor as it can break your usb port. I got both and carry the usb to micro b usb in my wallet for just in case. For rom downloads, I'm afraid you're on your own.

roms are easy to find its just the chd files i need to find