Posts: 239 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Amsterdam
The following link directs you to an article about a supposedly leaked movie of the 'iOS 5' or the next iOS update.
It shows a renewed task manager like view which looks a lot like the one in Maemo 5. See for yourself.

http://tweakers.net/nieuws/73962/vid...-5-update.html

Oh man, time for Nokia to sue Apple! We need more patent & copyright trolling.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tushyd For This Useful Post:
That's good though, cause doesn't this mean that Microsoft and thus Nokia will iCopy it back? From Nokia devel to Nokia live in less than uhm, six years?

Also, this indicates multitasking. Oh, my, if only Apple took the queue from Maemo to bring real multitasking, imagine how much better Windows Phone would be.

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland
Passive multitasking that looks like active, way to go jobs! That will convince the remaining sheep to switch herd. I doubt active multitasking will come to iOS soon, think of the frames per second they will lose!

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
hmph...they did it again! they have inovated magical way to see your processes/tasks going on and even allow for them to run at the same time!

they are sooo creative and inventive!

on the flip side, nokia is not going to use it and bagged it anyway. looks like the stole the idea and actually implemented it to work.

i may end up with a fruit after all! :/

Haha. Well, we had it coming.
Such inventive people at the fruit shop.

Do all the thumbnails actually update in real-time, like ours do?

Originally Posted by blipnl View Post
I doubt active multitasking will come to iOS soon, think of the frames per second they will lose!
They're probably going to implement it so that Apple can directly and in real time keep a list that dictates which prioritized applications get to have active multitasking, while the rest has to deal with Stop Motion Action Swapping.

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
If they're going to put active multitasking then I guess there will be a lot of complains about slow iPhones
Unless if they seriously limit the active multitasking... No multitasking with games, etc. And probably a limit of 2 active apps

Well it is yet to be seen if that's actually real thing at all, but if it is it really is quite sad. Though Nokia can only blame themself for not implementing it to their mass market OS.
In 4 months when iphone 5 has already been announced and comes with this amazing and innovative multitasking window N950 will be announced month later with slightly updated multitasking window from Maemo 5 and will be by the general media deemed to be straight copy of iphones amazingess. Can't wait.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland
The really sad part is the time they needed to release the same phone with a different color

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to blipnl For This Useful Post: