Here's another HDR pic taken with the N900

The Following User Says Thank You to bachagabriel For This Useful Post:
I don't know how far along to appdom this moves things, but I stumbled onto this Qt app designed to make HDR images.

http://qtpfsgui.sourceforge.net/index.php

Can it be ported to the N900?

The Following User Says Thank You to MoJo For This Useful Post:
Hope its coming along nicely

Slightly off topic, but;

Is there a way of altering the driver for the video recording, reason being... I was wondering if there is a way to make recording smoother? Less stuttering and dropping of frames?

As I understand it, altering the DSP does not affect recording 'smoothness' and is, it seems, down to the 'poor' driver, please correct me if this is incorrect

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bristol, UK
hello everyone! I am very new to n900 and linux so i dont know much about how to use xterminal (but i am learning). I was trying to follow davost instruction. i first downloaded the files that he attached. now i have two problems. firstly, i dont know what does he mean by non vfat folder.. which folder is that? secondly, how do i run the script from xterminal? i dont know the commands. i do know about c/c++ but i am totally new to linux. can anyone please help me? thanks in advance

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by saud khan View Post
hello everyone! I am very new to n900 and linux so i dont know much about how to use xterminal (but i am learning). I was trying to follow davost instruction. i first downloaded the files that he attached. now i have two problems. firstly, i dont know what does he mean by non vfat folder.. which folder is that? secondly, how do i run the script from xterminal? i dont know the commands. i do know about c/c++ but i am totally new to linux. can anyone please help me? thanks in advance
Already answered the first part http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...935#post546935

To run a script you just give the exact name of the script. If the script is called foo and it's in /home/user, you would type /home/user/foo

I recommend looking up a guide to basic shell commands in linux. Life with Maemo is so much more fun if you can make use of xterm.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
Already answered the first part http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...935#post546935

To run a script you just give the exact name of the script. If the script is called foo and it's in /home/user, you would type /home/user/foo

I recommend looking up a guide to basic shell commands in linux. Life with Maemo is so much more fun if you can make use of xterm.
thanks a lot man! i actually did try that but it keeps on saying photo_bracketing.sh not found

i actually first copied the three files in a foulder called "exposure" in home/usr/. then i first opened the lense cover... took a photo with default settings then close the camera application and ran xterminal.. in the xterminal i wrote "photo_bracketing.sh" followed by enter
but then i get the following messege:
-sh: photo_bracketing.sh: not found

now what am i doing wrong? do i have to install anything else before doing this?

ok i just tried the following:

~ $ sh photo_bracketing.sh

but then i get the following error:

Current shutter time (us): 16566
WARNING: erroneous pipeline: no element "pngenc"
Current shutter time (us): 33132
Current shutter time (us): 66266
Current shutter time (us): 16566

any guess? I really appreciate you guyz helping me out

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
No idea but you can run it by specifying the file completely. That means ./script_name if it's in the directory you are in. The current directory isn't in the path in linux.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful