Poll: Would you be willing to donate to Maemo?
Poll Options
Would you be willing to donate to Maemo?

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
yeah, i spoke (posted).

Get used to it. It's a forum, a discussion board. You should consider the same when you're making posts for others to read.

practise what you preach !!!!

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
[b]practise what you preach !!!!!!!![b]
And you don't have to?

At any rate, I explained my position because it was questioned in this thread. I'm not interested in responding to your trolling attempts. Best of luck.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Forest of Dean, England.
Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
Dude, quit mocking and try to understand his point. He has some very valid points.

You have to admit that however much we love Maemo, from a commercial point of view, this is a dead platform. Hence, it is going to be VERY difficult to attract developers to this platform. Even if they are interested, why should they waste their time on maemo when they can work on Meego, which atleast support a few more devices.

Face it, we cannot practically get NEW developers for maemo. The best we can do is incentivice the existing developers to do some great development on the device.

Also, do you have ANY idea how many man-hours would be required to get somebody to port an os like maemo to a higher spec device? Further, do you know how much money would be required? We need to think practically and to do that, we need atleast ballbark numbers/idea about the work/time/money required.
Its not a dead platform because of the platform, its a dead platform because of the device spec.

Introduce another device and that would liven things up no end.

Since you are the one saying it cant be done because because because, why dont you give data on man hours and costs?!

And if its sooo dead, why are you making such effort to involve yourself with this thread?

PICTURES TAKEN WITH MY N900

Originally Posted by thebtman View Post
Considering you own an iPhone, i'd already counted you out.

Oooh a few hundred dollars lol, better warn Bill Gates he has competition

A) Its not experiemental anything
B) My proposal wouldnt make Maemo any more commercial than it already is.

The idea is to develop for another higher spec device initially.

Lastly; "understand us" lol - you are hilarious dude. The yes votes in the poll already far outway the few people who are not interested. There's a minority report for ya
Sorry guy, your behavior here is unacceptable. Instead of exchanging arguments, You're attacking someone personally. This is meritocratic society, and Your mocking/rants are totally out of line.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
And you don't have to?

At any rate, I explained my position because it was questioned in this thread. I'm not interested in responding to your trolling attempts. Best of luck.

Its a poll thread:

YES
NO
MAYBE

If we stick to that perhaps we can all get along

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Sorry guy, your behavior here is unacceptable. Instead of exchanging arguments, You're attacking someone personally. This is meritocratic society, and Your mocking/rants are totally out of line.

In his signature it states he owns an iPhone and he states that he has donated $200 dollars.

Its hardly a personal attack is it. Grow up.

The Following User Says Thank You to thebtman For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
I have given real idea's with explanations and links for everyone to read and i consider that to be on topic and helpful to the cause of Maemo progression.

It is NOT my thread and i am being attacked by ysss, ejasmudar, Daneel and more will follow now because of them.

Please take note of this and read there posts and watch the reactions as it explains itself.

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
It is NOT my thread and i am being attacked by ysss, ejasmudar, Daneel and more will follow now because of them.

Please take note of this and read there posts and watch the reactions as it explains itself.
Yeah you're a victim here in TMO.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Something like what NeoOffice/J might work: http://www.neooffice.org/neojava/en/donate.php

I just wonder what will be maintained.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thebtman View Post
In his signature it states he owns an iPhone and he states that he has donated $200 dollars.
So, because he owns an iPhone, your implication is that $200 is nothing because he had enough money to buy an iPhone. Get real, dude.

I don't know if ysss has donated what he says - I have to take his word for it (not that I doubt he cares - but if it is true, it certainly is a greater amount than the $10 you've said that you'd put into this...what the **** do I call it...thing.

How much did you pay for your N900? I'm willing to bet it was greater than $10.

Tags
open-core trap, telethon time