Notices

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Germany
I'll give it a try...

EDIT: Setting up the SDK is a pain... Progress now.

EDIT2: Seems like I need libboost-dev >= 1.40 before this will work. Trying to get it built since this morning. Probably will need some time, cause the SDK is really outdated and needs a lot of manual workarounds...

Last edited by 0x47; 2010-06-23 at 15:22.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 0x47 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
Originally Posted by 0x47 View Post
I'll give it a try...

EDIT: Setting up the SDK is a pain... Progress now.

EDIT2: Seems like I need libboost-dev >= 1.40 before this will work. Trying to get it built since this morning. Probably will need some time, cause the SDK is really outdated and needs a lot of manual workarounds...
Thanks for trying! this is my favourite game of all and i would pay if i could play it perfectly on my n900 (i guess i should go and post this on the "what games u would pay ..." )

Thanks again and keep it up

Good luck

Got it compiled and packaged, after lots of troubles. Finally I need a solution for the dependency of libsdl-mixer1.2 with version >= 1.2.8. In the repos is 1.2.6 and I cannot upload my .deb as it says it's already there. I hope X-Fade from #maemo will reply me anytime soon...

Well, and I need to try if it actually runs...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 0x47 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
Thanks 0x47! I hope it will run too - H3 is one of my all time favorite games

The Following User Says Thank You to efekt For This Useful Post:
Well, it kinda runs. I could only test it in the SDK (and via remote control) so far, but it starts and I can select to create a new game. It crashed tho, and as all the files are far away now, I have to wait to check it on my N900 until tomorrow. Maybe it's just an graphics/SDK issue...

Additionally I still got no help regarding the outdated libsdl-mixer1.2. I guess I'll just upload the .deb files here once this thing is up and running.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 0x47 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
Thanks, keep up the good work
I wish I could help, but I'm more into C# (though I know C++ and C a little) so I'm not sure if I could be much of a help

No worries, I guess I can sort it out. I had a talk with mece, and he could fix the Mix_Chunk issues without upgrading to sdl_mixer 1.2.8. In the meantime I added https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10829 and will give the 1.2.6 another chance...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 0x47 For This Useful Post:
Ok, I've got news (Trying to keep you up-to-date as I hate being not informed).

I managed to add the 1.2.8 lib, see the bug comments above. I also had (and still have) a discussion with the developers of VCMI as it turns out VCMI doesn't support 800x480@16 resolution yet. There's progress tho, just needs more tweaking as expected... The dependency on libsdl-mixer1.2 will be removed soon(tm) as this library is broken anyway (confirmed by the project leader).

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 0x47 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
The interface themes are defined in some easy to edit files, maybe it will be easy to edit them ourselves?

I already have the 800x480 resolution config, but the main screen (where you load/start games) is fixed @ 800x600. Some pixels are missing on the bottom. One of the devs will probably look into real scaling, so that we can run it at native resolution.

Tags
fheroes2, homm