Notices

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
the app sux. it won't scanned any barcode like the n95 or n93i did. it just does do anything at all.

Thanks for your constructive comments

Can you point me in the direction of a barcode that it won't scan? Which platform are you using?

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Had exactly the same problem, wouldn't scan anything at all. Just reinstalled and now it works. Don't know what changed. Was the same version also.

hmm, if you run it from the command line you'll get some more output, but the zbar decoder itself does require decent lighting to identify 1D barcodes (the QR detection is better).

Once we have a working UI framework, I plan on doing some (more interesting) work improving the backend stuff.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lardman For This Useful Post:
I have a nice feature: If you want to close mBarcode just scan the DataMatrix-Code on the German Wikipedia page: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/DataMatrix-Code

Posts: 235 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ italy
Great app: just 3 answers:
1) when I use it I obtain a number code (same number code present under the bar string, so I'd insert it manually too I think). Well, what can I do with it? I tought this program replies me with info about the code scanned (eg: product, name, date,...) instead I receive only this number sequence. Is normal? gathering_info plugin is developing? I thought I had integrated it with zbar but I can't install both because system tell me conflict!
2) I have little problem to scan images, it's normal?
3) I can't load images. why?

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
You can scan codes like the attached one f.e.
Makes more sense then, right? Product information on normal barcodes would still be a nice feature though.

A dev should look into the barcode on the wiki page that Erminaz mentioned. Segmentation fault doesn't sound so nice.
Attached Images

Posts: 235 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ italy
Originally Posted by Duke View Post
...Product information on normal barcodes would still be a nice feature though....
So till now mbarcode give us only the number-barcode right?
(

Thanks for developing this little app

I have a couple of basic suggestions to make it easier for the first time user.

1. Prompting the user to open the lens cover at some stage of the start up process.

2. Suggest distance from bar code.

3. I am not sure if the camera section allows, but can you force the light (flash) to come on.

4. Could you provide an audible feedback when the scan is successful?

5. Provide the option of scanning multiple bar code and keeping those bar codes on the "text pad". For scanning multiple items.

What range of 1D bar codes does it support?
It seems fine with the standard grocery item type bar codes, but not the other long small serial number bar codes.

The Following User Says Thank You to whats_up_skip For This Useful Post:
Nice app. Seems to have trouble focusing , would be nice for it to set the N900 camera in macro mode and autofocus . For it to be a help in productivity , you need to be able to scan more than one barcode. When you scan the first code it appears. Then even if you manually start a new line it goes to the top and overwrites the first code. So this means lots of cutting pasting I guess ? Or is there a more elegant way to use this ?

Tags
barcode, camera, mbarcode