Notices

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hong Kong, CHINA
I saw the packages being held back as you do, so, being curious, apt-get remove'd them and then saw the issue I reported. so thanks for the explanation, and I guess I will be waiting for 1.2 for alarmed (which is excellent - especially the cli and cron compatibility)

Rob1in described the problem perfectly. We'll all have to wait for PR1.2 (which should be out very-soon-ish).
  • "ytcli", a simple but effective command line youtube client which allows you to play videos from the CLI instantly or download videos on a queue.

The Following User Says Thank You to shapeshifter For This Useful Post:
hi, it's a fantastic app! but i'm an italian user and can't use profile switching, i tried edit "alarmed_backend.py" file whiout success. can you help me?
in addition, it would be fantastic if we could activate/deactivate buletooth!
thanks!

Originally Posted by Mr_K View Post
hi, it's a fantastic app! but i'm an italian user and can't use profile switching, i tried edit "alarmed_backend.py" file whiout success. can you help me?
I'm sorry, there's a problem with profile switching for people not using english, due to constraints from the nokia-made backend. You can work around this by adding a new command execution and entering this as the command:
Code:
/opt/alarmed/profileswicher.sh foo
replacing "foo" with the italian name for "general" or "silent". I didn't test this, but it should work.

Originally Posted by Mr_K View Post
in addition, it would be fantastic if we could activate/deactivate buletooth!
thanks!
I'll add it to the future features list and will add it when I find the time.
  • "ytcli", a simple but effective command line youtube client which allows you to play videos from the CLI instantly or download videos on a queue.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shapeshifter For This Useful Post:
Posts: 180 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Maine
I am currently traveling with profile switches in alarmed and the events are scheduled to occur at the same time in the originating time zone so they are now at a different time where I am currently located (i.e. something that is scheduled for 11:00 is switched to 10:00 when moving one time zone to the west). Is this behavior I can control or is it a limitation of the OS?

By the way, in case it matters, the phone switches time zones automatically based on information from the carrier.

Thanks,
Fred

Last edited by ffarber; 2010-04-05 at 04:06.

OMG I can't believe it's taken me so long to find this thread I am install ASAP.

Will comment later thanks in advance

My Blog

I'm having trouble installing.
Some of the libqt4 dependencies are missing.
I'm 100% which ones to install

any help ?

My Blog

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 78 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany

I have set a new "alarm" which should have reset the GPRS counter. Then I switched off the phone for the time and turned it on after that. It didn't reset the GPRS counter and was still in the list of tasks.
Maybe there was also a problem with different time zones because I had to switch off the phone because I flew with a plane and after landing I was in a different time zone (received automatically).
Would be nice if could take a look at that...

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Texas
Forgive me if i misunderstand but the phone cant do anything when it's turned off. Because it's turned OFF.