Notices

Originally Posted by SygicSupport View Post
Hi jsbigs,

thank you for providing feedback.

We will investigate the issues you mentioned. In case we will need more info, we will contact you by private message. Hope this is fine with you.

Thank you.

Sygic Support.
Ah, I have a similar issue when I go from 270 -> Interstate 495. It seems to put me on Georgetown Road. But I keep forgetting to report the issue.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jsbigs View Post
So far I am not at all happy with this product.

- My office is in Berkeley, California and Sygic puts the address in Oakland (both Alameda County).

- Driving up Highway 101 through Marin County to Healdsburg two weeks ago, Sygic continually tried to take me off of the Highway (changing from Fastest to Shortest and vice versa didn't change matters) and positioning continually put me on parallel roads next to the highway or roads even farther out (changing APS from on to of and vice versa did not change matters).

- Yesterday, driving from LAX Airport to first Carson, CA, and then to Costa Mesa, CA I encountered the exact same problems as the situation above. AND, on several occasions, Sygic gave me an error or "Unable to plan a route" or some wording to that effect.

I had been using my Palm Treo with TomTom Navigator 6 installed as a backup the last month but consciously decided to leave it at home for this business trip. Beginning to regret that.

Does anyone know where I can send feedback?
Ya! i have the same problem too while driving back from Orlando to Tampa. I guess it can't recalculate when u r driving more than 60mph when you travel long distance. that is bad.

This weekened i am going to Orlando again, i will try to stop the car and see if get the same error...will report back.

Very disappointed, it is giving me the problem again. And Luckily this time i have my other phone with Co-pilot 8 run on WM6 as backup and turned it on at the same time to give me routes.

Oh nooo.... with same setting using :"Fastest route" and ignore "Toll Roads" on both Co-Pilot and Sygic.. Sygic route me to all kind of stupid routes even thought in front of me there is a I4 West heading back straight to Tampa and yet Sygic ask me to takes other kind of routes which so much further and longer routes..

I compare the times and routes... Copilot give me the routes with estimated arrived time 7pm and Sygic give me routes estimate arrvied time is 8:05pm.

Through out my 2 hours of travel on interstate I4... Sygic keep asking me to route to different routes and Co-pilot just stay keep quiet and continue guide me until i reached Tampa.

Wow! i won't never use Sygic on my outstation travel. thats really scary. I have used TomTom, IGo, Garmin, FineDrive, StreetDeck, Co-pilot, and now Sygic.....I would never recommend Sygic.

Make sure you get a backup GPS when u decided to travel far with Sygic.

The Following User Says Thank You to radiowc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
What about Argentina?
We don't exist, right?

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Isn't there supposed to be a new release (version)?

Any news about the version 10 release date?
One week? Month? Year? Century?

Originally Posted by Patroclo View Post
Any news about the version 10 release date?
One week? Month? Year? Century?
Hi,

yes, Mobile Maps 10 for Maemo will be available in this century, or in the next century at latest

We had first versions of the app ready back in April, but we did not want to make the app available for new customers before we can roll it out to existing customers. Updating existing customers to the new version is a complex task on the licensing side of it.

Plus, we also work with Nokia on simplifying the purchase experience. Currently, application and map file are separated in Ovi Store, which is confusing. Also, there are 2 different versions of the app available making life for customers not easier.

Actual timing of the update of existing customers to the new version can proceed when all of the above mentioned areas are covered and done. Bear with us, we work on the update with high priority.

Thank you.

Sygic Support.

The Following User Says Thank You to SygicSupport For This Useful Post:
So this means no new sygic version until the start of the summer holiday. :-(

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
I am pleased at least that Sygic are actually following this thread and making the odd announcement, keeping us informed and striving to fix bugs.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

The Following User Says Thank You to cardiff-blues For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by alex25 View Post
So this means no new sygic version until the start of the summer holiday. :-(
That is way too optimistic
Sygic say they need to get Nokia to sort out the Ovi Store side and things and from experience we all know Nokia cannot operate Ovi

Tags
application, fremantle, gps, maemo, maemo 5, map, navigation, sygic, turn-by-turn