Notices

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Poland, Białystok
Guys 0x47 was active 07-14-10 a.k.a the day when he posted last message. He forgot about us or he's working so stop posting questions to "nobody"

Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Magik View Post
Guys 0x47 was active 07-14-10 a.k.a the day when he posted last message. He forgot about us or he's working so stop posting questions to "nobody"
Why? bumping the thread up might bring the attention of someone new who might be able to convert H3 to maemo, or at least raise the attention of 0x47 again and maybe make him post about his progress (if any). What's wrong with that?

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Poland, Białystok
bumping the thread up might bring the attention of someone
Good point. I hope you are right. Homm3 is one of my fav old school games, but bumping the thread every day gives us nothing and it's little annoying to get email with replay and get absolutely no news, but another question

I have sent a reminder jabber msg to 0x47. Maybe he can give us update or something.

EDIT: Ok i got in touch with him W8 for news.

Last edited by Magik; 2010-08-17 at 08:38.

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Germany
Sorry guys, I definitively subscribed to this thread, so I was sure to receive a message on replies. Somehow this does not happen. Luckily Magik told me on Jabber...

Anyways, I took some time off as I was really busy at work and did not check the VCMI release. You're right, 0.82 has been released, but keep in mind this does not fix the resolution thing. The chief developer promised to "give it a try" after 0.82 was released. So I guess it's now time to remind him...

In the meantime I'll port the latest and greatest SVN and see how it works... If I have no trouble setting up my VM expect some more news within today.

EDIT: Well, not really big news, so I'm going to edit. I could set up a fresh SDK (which took ages as I have a low bandwidth connection, not like the one at work). I could build the latest VCMI SVN successfully. This is a good thing as I had troubles with my previous tries.

I'm now waiting for a reply from the chief developer regarding the resolution and 16bpp requests. Let's hope I'll get it soon...

Last edited by 0x47; 2010-08-17 at 23:31.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 0x47 For This Useful Post:
Okay, here we go. Tow, the project boss implemented 16bpp. For some reason it still fails, which I just told him. That means from the users side of view we're not further than before, but in fact it's probably just some tweaking to get it working.

The bigger part is probably the 800x480 resolution as the whole game is based on 800x600.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 0x47 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
0x47 Could we just introduce a lateral slider (just like in the web browser) so we could view the game even in the 800x600 resolution? i mean, as a temporary solution, couldn't it be implemented? i know that this was talked in the vcmi forum but there it never reached a solution.

Thanks and keep it up

ps:i'm also updating the status of this port on the vcmi forum :P

I am not familiar with the code (on purpose), so I don't know how complex it would be. But I guess implementing the sliding function for the menu would be way too much effort if you keep in mind the plan is to implement the 800x480 resolution or even to have an intelligent scaling functionality. I'd even say that implementing the slider consumes the same time as the resolution fix.

On the other hand I don't know if the battle crashes are more complex. (You can't enter a battle (and even town?) due to the fixed 800x600 graphics) So I think we should wait for the 16bpp thing to work and then focus on the resolution/slider...

Keep in mind I'm no official VCMI guy, I'm just asking them as you would...

BTW: Could you point me to that thread? (With the slider discussion) Thanks!

Originally Posted by SSLMM
ps:i'm also updating the status of this port on the vcmi forum :P
Really? Where? Didn't notice it...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 0x47 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by 0x47 View Post
I am not familiar with the code (on purpose), so I don't know how complex it would be. But I guess implementing the sliding function for the menu would be way too much effort if you keep in mind the plan is to implement the 800x480 resolution or even to have an intelligent scaling functionality. I'd even say that implementing the slider consumes the same time as the resolution fix.

On the other hand I don't know if the battle crashes are more complex. (You can't enter a battle (and even town?) due to the fixed 800x600 graphics) So I think we should wait for the 16bpp thing to work and then focus on the resolution/slider...

Keep in mind I'm no official VCMI guy, I'm just asking them as you would...

BTW: Could you point me to that thread? (With the slider discussion) Thanks!

Really? Where? Didn't notice it...
Here: http://forum.vcmi.eu/viewtopic.php?t=273

I'm not "updating" the status, just checking the page to see how the status are (sorry for my english :$)

And i know that you aren't an official VCMI guy, but i thought that it could be easier to implement that instead of the resolution fix, even not being familiar with the code. And i was wrong...bargh..

Thanks again and sorry for my misleading bad english

Last edited by SSLMM; 2010-08-18 at 23:41. Reason: grammar -.-

Hey, no worries!

I did not say that you're wrong! It's just a guess from my side either. I'd still like to ask if it's an option after the 16bpp work fine. Maybe you're right and it's a real quick thing...

BTW, why don't you just ask yourself? Just revive this thread...

Originally Posted by 0x47 View Post
Hey, no worries!

I did not say that you're wrong! It's just a guess from my side either. I'd still like to ask if it's an option after the 16bpp work fine. Maybe you're right and it's a real quick thing...

BTW, why don't you just ask yourself? Just revive this thread...
I'm shy :$ lool
And my english sucks :\

But i'm gonna ask anyway I guess they don't bite :P

Edit: I can't register! the security image with the code doesn't show ...

Last edited by SSLMM; 2010-08-18 at 23:56.

Tags
fheroes2, homm