Milhouse,

tried 'apt-get install wget' same message as before.

Milhouse,

Ran update again and got this message at bottom.
I guess there is some missing keys, whatever that means. Any suggestions?
I really need to get your project done by Monday, so I guess no sleep for me.
Any additional guidance would be appreciated.
Dan
Attached Images

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
I'm running out of ideas; try "apt-get -f install" which it recommends in the error message - it may help clear the error, but beyond that I don't know how you've got it into this state, something is pretty messed up.

Milhouse,

Did you see my last screen shot. Much different than the first two. I think I beat your post by a second. Any ideas?

Dan

Guys,

Anyone know how and where I can get the following app's:

Libgnomecanvas2-common
Libgnomecanvas2.0
Libgnomeprint2.2-data

I already have:

Libart-2.0.2
Libgnomeprint2.2.0

I need these apps to be able to install wget.
The apps I need show up on my 'Browse installable applications' but everytime I try to install them it says they are not installable.
What do I need to do to get them to install?
Is there a complete library that I could install?
And which library do I need to remove or alter?
I have no knowledge of Linux.
I have an n800 running os2008 flawlessly. I can use xterm, becomeroot, nano, sudo gainroot, vi sudoers, etc... on the n800.

Many Thanks,

Dan

Sorry missed that final screenshot. Believe it or not those complaints about missing keys are only warnings and can be ignored. So it looks like you can update from the repositories OK, but you still can't install wget? If you still have errors I'm really out of ideas - try "apt-get -f install" and see if that gets you anywhere, but beyond that hopefully someone else can chime in with advice (my only other advice would be to reflash and start again - a bit drastic and I'm sure you don't really have the time!)

I'd be inclined to uninstall vlc. I had apt-get errors till I removed the remains of a failed vlc install.

Milhouse,

Again we missed each other by seconds.
I followed your instructions and did '-f install' and as you can see in my last post it came back with five files needing to be uploaded. Two of them are in my applications manager showing as installed and three not installed. Where and how can I get them? Bunanson on this thread http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...?t=8631&page=6
says he went and installed wget from Maemo.org, but I can't find the direct download for wget. Can you instruct me and do you think that might be a way of getting wget loaded. It would probably have the 3 missing app's I need.
Thanks again for your help.
I'm learning alot which is always good.

Dan

Last edited by dan; 2008-01-13 at 03:27. Reason: Typos

Zebee,

I removed VLC and several others and it helped somewhat but I'm now missing three files that I need to load wget. See my last two posts.
Thanks for your help and Milhouse.

dan

wget is not dependent on those files - some other previous installation has confused apt and won't let you proceed until whatever problem it thinks it has is resolved. I'll get you a direct deb link for wget in a second, but I'm not sure it will help much.