I find that after installing blessn900, the built-in camera app no longer works at ISO 400. Other settings seem to be okay, but at ISO 400 I see a black screen and photos taken at that sensitivity are all black.

Unfortunately, this is still true after uninstalling blessn900.

Of course, I don't know if this is just a quirk of my N900. Is anyone else experiencing this? Incidentally, I've done an OTA upgrade to PR 1.2.

Originally Posted by RobbH View Post
I find that after installing blessn900, the built-in camera app no longer works at ISO 400. Other settings seem to be okay, but at ISO 400 I see a black screen and photos taken at that sensitivity are all black.

Unfortunately, this is still true after uninstalling blessn900.

Of course, I don't know if this is just a quirk of my N900. Is anyone else experiencing this? Incidentally, I've done an OTA upgrade to PR 1.2.
na. mine works at iso 400 just finr

The Following User Says Thank You to lifenexus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Does Blessn900 merge the HDRs on its own, or is there an option to have it simply make a series of exposures for merging later in something like Photomatix or Photoshop (which would be preferable, IMO)?

Originally Posted by RobbH View Post
I find that after installing blessn900, the built-in camera app no longer works at ISO 400. Other settings seem to be okay, but at ISO 400 I see a black screen and photos taken at that sensitivity are all black
I think it is a bug with the ISO settings. I have had problems with it too. Black screen. I have not installed blessn900

yes yes yes been waiting for this app for so long

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
when will it be in the repositories???

Originally Posted by agepbiz View Post
I think it is a bug with the ISO settings. I have had problems with it too. Black screen. I have not installed blessn900
Looking back, I see that I have not taken any ISO 400 photos since installing PR 1.2. So the problems I'm having with ISO 400 could be related to PR 1.2 while having nothing to do with blessn900.

Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
One more comment. Often times when I am taking an HDR image and its processing I get the error message.

Not Enough Memory. Please close some apps.

Would have thought memory would not be a problem on the N900
The application needs about 80 MB for taking and processing a single HDR (it takes five exposure bracketed shots). Usually when no apps are running, N900 has about 140M free RAM. So if BlessN900 does not allow you to take a single HDR - possibly you really have some apps running which leave less than 80MB to our application.

Originally Posted by Bingley Joe View Post
Does Blessn900 merge the HDRs on its own, or is there an option to have it simply make a series of exposures for merging later in something like Photomatix or Photoshop (which would be preferable, IMO)?
Now it merges HDR on its own. We will add an option in future versions to take series of exposure-bracketed shots, so you will be able to merge them later in Photomatix/Photoshop/PhotoAcute/etc.

Originally Posted by eugene.panich View Post
The application needs about 80 MB for taking and processing a single HDR (it takes five exposure bracketed shots). Usually when no apps are running, N900 has about 140M free RAM. So if BlessN900 does not allow you to take a single HDR - possibly you really have some apps running which leave less than 80MB to our application.
I have 150mb free memory, I was not even able to shoot a single HDR. It always cancels, saying not enough memory.

The Following User Says Thank You to stone17 For This Useful Post: