I guess this is why the hungry man was hungry...
I'm just sad :'(

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
No cure, no pay is whats works in my world.

"Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. Yes is the answer..."

I have now read the complete http://www.neopwn.com/release.php

What I can read from it is good news and bad news.

I read: Free Open Source doesn't work. Its gonna be free but that we cant afford that, so you will have to pay but we wont take your money. We will take your money before a private non announced beta stage.

Why not just make this software 20€ (or whatever €, $ or £ because that's what we are talking about) and forget about Utopia and Free HQ Open Source?

Last edited by inidrog; 2010-07-27 at 15:52.

BackTrack is free. BackTrack Mobile will be free. The SAME people that create and support BackTrack are trying to fit Mobile in, but it's VERY time consuming - and these guys have real day jobs, families and other commitments.

Sign up for the beta, HELP with developing/testing (in any way you can) and then you can ***** about it if you still don't enjoy the process.

Until then, just stop.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post:
I don't have a ton of money but would not mind helping with the beta testing in some way (even if packet injection is not included)

Originally Posted by hawaii View Post
BackTrack is free. BackTrack Mobile will be free. The SAME people that create and support BackTrack are trying to fit Mobile in, but it's VERY time consuming - and these guys have real day jobs, families and other commitments.

Sign up for the beta, HELP with developing/testing (in any way you can) and then you can ***** about it if you still don't enjoy the process.

Until then, just stop.
and yo are gonna scream HELP for free all the way til the project is dead and buried, no matter what?

Very well said, Hawaii.

I am still hoping for some sort of release of this at some point in the future.

Originally Posted by hawaii View Post

Until then, just stop.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Inidrog, not all of us are as unable to make the "utopia" of free high-quality opensource software work as you are. It's not a utopia, it exists, it happens all the time, it's happening around you on this very forum. You may not be the kind of person who could motivate themselves to work for free in your spare time for the good of others, and the majority of the people out there might fit into the same category, but there's enough people out there that high quality open source stuff can and does happen.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Inidrog, not all of us are as unable to make the "utopia" of free high-quality opensource software work as you are. It's not a utopia, it exists, it happens all the time, it's happening around you on this very forum. You may not be the kind of person who could motivate themselves to work for free in your spare time for the good of others, and the majority of the people out there might fit into the same category, but there's enough people out there that high quality open source stuff can and does happen.
You just talked me into not sending a mail to the developers offering money to speed things up. Thanks I'l wait and hope for a quick free and HQ release. And "I will gladly help in testing or making icons, just contact me"

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
If me being somewhat asinine in disagreeing with you about the principle of high quality open source software being possible without money is enough for you to not want to contribute financially to a completely unrelated to me project, I have to wonder how much you cared about doing it in the first place.

I get that moods and states of mind can be rather significantly altered by other people's hostilities, but I think if you're at all solidly convinced of your own intentions and/or desires, and the motives underlying them, there's no reason why only tangentically related arguments with me should alter that. *Shrug* Up to you.