Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by eugene.panich View Post
Now it merges HDR on its own. We will add an option in future versions to take series of exposure-bracketed shots, so you will be able to merge them later in Photomatix/Photoshop/PhotoAcute/etc.
Excellent! This is really shaping up to become a great little app.

Any chance you could add the option of capturing the RAW data while you're at it?

RobbH, could you please tell what other settings are used in the standard camera when you are getting black image? What White balance, Exposure, and Resolution are set?
We'll try to reproduce this problem.
Camera is in automatic mode. Flash is "always off". White balance: automatic. Resolution: high.

This is the critical factor, though: Exposure was set to -0.5. When I set exposure to 0, ISO 400 photos are taken normally. And ISO 200 seems to work the same way.

Again, this is not necessarily related to blessn900, but I appreciate your looking into it.

Maybe you can share your project with Retro camera app?

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Alcala de Henares, Madrid, Spain
All is OK!!!

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
The application needs about 80 MB for taking and processing a single HDR (it takes five exposure bracketed shots). Usually when no apps are running, N900 has about 140M free RAM. So if BlessN900 does not allow you to take a single HDR - possibly you really have some apps running which leave less than 80MB to our application.
80MB? I'm using conky and this one site(one open browser) and my mem is already 172MB used of 239MB so that is I have just around 60MB left and I don't think closing these two apps gonna give me back 20MB. Maybe thats why I keep getting "Not enough memory, plz close some apps" everytime I try to do HDR. However, pic gets saved but the only thing is, it looks horrible like I attached before. Can it be coz of this mem problem? thanks..

EDIT: Actually, I did get around 100MB free after closing browser and got to take couple shots without the warning msg but no improvement in the HDR whatsoever..

Last edited by jaeezzy; 2010-06-11 at 02:01.

Originally Posted by jaeezzy View Post
EDIT: Actually, I did get around 100MB free after closing browser and got to take couple shots without the warning msg but no improvement in the HDR whatsoever..
Are you taking HDRs holding the phone in hands not putting it on something stable? And is there a movement in the scene (say, in the example you posted - were the trees moving in the wind?)

Originally Posted by Bingley Joe View Post
Excellent! This is really shaping up to become a great little app.

Any chance you could add the option of capturing the RAW data while you're at it?
Thanks!
We wish we could get RAW data ourselves, but now we can't. We are still trying to find how to do it (it's undocumented for OMAP3 camera ISP)... if we succeed - there will be an option to save RAW images.

The Following User Says Thank You to eugene.panich For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by RobbH View Post
Camera is in automatic mode. Flash is "always off". White balance: automatic. Resolution: high.

This is the critical factor, though: Exposure was set to -0.5. When I set exposure to 0, ISO 400 photos are taken normally. And ISO 200 seems to work the same way.

Again, this is not necessarily related to blessn900, but I appreciate your looking into it.
Thanks for clarification. Here's what I've found:
If the camera has another settings (not -0.5, 400) on start, and I set it to -0.5, 400 - all works ok. If I then close the camera and start it again (so it is started with -0.5, 400 now) - the viewfinder goes black and the photo is black, but after taking the first photo the problem is cured - I see normal viewfinder and can take normal images.

All that is on a phone completely reflashed with PR1.2

So it seems to be Nokia's "feature"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eugene.panich For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by StOoZ View Post
when will it be in the repositories???
It's in extras-devel now, Multimedia section.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eugene.panich For This Useful Post:
Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Are you taking HDRs holding the phone in hands not putting it on something stable? And is there a movement in the scene (say, in the example you posted - were the trees moving in the wind?)
Ya actually I'm using my hands but I'm putting my hands on sth stable to make sure it doesn't shake coz I don't have stands at all. I don't think so the wind was blowing but I had couple others taken of my heater with red hot rod but turned out to tubelight bulbs Actually, I just took couple putting camera on the wall to seee.. and here it is:

EDIT: No wind at all..