Notices

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Magik View Post
I couldn't find any answer on vcmi forums:
Is quick fight going to be implemented(or it is but currently not working)?
It's very neat feature when you play with 2+ players.
AFAIK every feature of HOMM3 and WOG will be implemented and if necessary improved/fixed. So yes, Quick Fight is going to be implemented, and yes, it's not working yet. This might also be terribly wrong though, I'm not official.

Originally Posted by efekt
Well I can't get the game started - each time I try to choose a map and start playing, the game hangs...
Does it really hang or just look incredibly distorted and shuffled? Because that issue is there since the scrolling in menu works. Sad fact that it's too much work to implement menu scrolling and working adventure map. So we can have only one thing. There's (hopefully) work in progress though.
  • For questions regarding VCMI features, a timeline, new releases and the like, please visit the VCMI board and their Wiki.

The Following User Says Thank You to 0x47 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by 0x47 View Post
AFAIK every feature of HOMM3 and WOG will be implemented and if necessary improved/fixed. So yes, Quick Fight is going to be implemented, and yes, it's not working yet.
I don't remember anyone requesting quick fight as a necessary feature, nor showing will to make it. Definitely not "every" feature is going to be implemented, many of them are just redundant or plain stupid (fishing in well, lol). It is only necessary to give a support from game engine to possible users' modifications. We are going to add very generic script / mod support once original game is more or less complete.
Of course, you may always commit your own code.

However, I'm hoping to add native support for key features like stack experiece and commanders, but these do not come from original heroes and may be discarded. You know, the project is running for over three years now and too much stuff may result in endless delay of 1.0 relese.

Last edited by Warmonger; 2010-09-02 at 11:44.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Warmonger For This Useful Post:
Posts: 271 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Poland, Białystok
Warmonger, it's not necessary, but it would be cool.
Did you tried play homm3 with 2+ players? Waiting for your turn is soooo long and boring without "Quick fight"

You should consider transferring such discussions to the VCMI forum...
  • For questions regarding VCMI features, a timeline, new releases and the like, please visit the VCMI board and their Wiki.

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Poland, Białystok
0x47 so how's the things are going?
After last update I can't even play on the smallest maps

Yeah, sorry. I don't know if the menu-scrolling was already removed from SVN. After it was removed, I can add a new version that is playable again.

Tow said he is quite busy at the moment, so I'm waiting for further actions towards 800x480 support by VCMI. I think the VCMI team also needs some graphics to support it, but I'm not sure which ones and what to do with them.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 0x47 For This Useful Post:
Seems there is "alpha version" of 800x600 available:
http://forum.vcmi.eu/viewtopic.php?t=273

Last edited by hardkorek; 2010-10-01 at 02:45.

The Following User Says Thank You to hardkorek For This Useful Post:
True, and this version is in extras-devel (not working atm)... they tend to not support 800x480 until 1.0 was released...

The Following User Says Thank You to 0x47 For This Useful Post:
I removed vcmi vcmi-data vcmi-bin, /opt/vcmi and i lost around 200 Mb of space on /home.
I tryed apt-get autoremove and i deleted apt-cache.
What other libraries it downloads whean installed? I'm running out of space on /home

There is nothing on /home. All data is in /opt/vcmi, so you have to check other apps that could cause your problem.

Tags
fheroes2, homm